Work for Vail Resorts
Group Sales Coordinator - Breckenridge Hospitality
Breckenridge, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Group Sales and Service Coordinator reports directly to the Breckenridge Group Sales Office Manager and coordinates all aspects of group services on mountain for all group sales including day group, wedding, corporate, ski and association. The coordinator will act as the on-mountain concierge for group leaders to ensure a seamless group experience in Breckenridge. He/she will provide information on group services available via phone or email, create contracts, resumes and BEO’s for weddings, manage lodging only wedding groups and host group meet and greets upon arrival. For groups looking to rebook he/she will refer the customer back to the Sales Manager.
This individual will also service all aspects of the mountain group experience including (but not limited to) dining, Ski & Snowboard School, lift products, EpicMix Racing, and Breckenridge Summer Fun Park. He/she will maintain strong relationships with Hospitality conference services, the Vail Resorts National Sales Office, local lodging partners and the Breckenridge Tourism Office (BTO), mountain Food & Beverage, mountain operational departments, Vail Resorts Retail (VRR) and Colorado Mountain Express (CME). Additional office administrative duties required as indicated by the Director of Resort Sales and Office Manager include backup administrative support to the entire Group Sales Team.
Key duties include qualifying incoming leads, processing group ticket orders, promoting ski & ride school products, VRR rental and CME products, lift ticket delivery, facilitating group on-mountain dining events, hosting welcome receptions, servicing wedding lodging only groups, administrative support for up to three sales managers and processing of contracts, resumes and beo’s.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist Senior Group Sales Manager and Catering Sales Managers with the sales process and provide onsite support at the resort
- Be the department lead catcher for incoming online and phone group inquiries
- Prepare and execute multi-activity on mountain events for corporate groups, leisure groups, ski clubs, weddings and associations
- Responsible for cross and up-selling activities as well as food and beverage products to maximize revenue and enhance the group experience
- Assist with the coordination of menus and beverage selections for 3rd party lodging and day groups with on mountain restaurant general managers & chefs
- Prepare and distribute Contracts, Banquet Event Orders (BEOs) and Resumes
- Coordinate activities and events with on-site operations to ensure effective implementation of clients’ expectations
- Maintain healthy communication relationship with on mountain restaurant managers, chefs, internal VR departments, the BTO and local lodging partners
- Develop thorough working knowledge of all VR venues, services and activities that our Group Sales office offers to groups
- Prepare final billing for all on-mountain charges
- Run weekly and monthly pipeline and reconciliation reports
- Assist in planning of FAM tours and client events
- Effectively utilizes SalesForce.com and Delphi for customer contact, trace and file systems and keeps all information current and updated with client notes and follow up
- Assist Catering Sales Managers and Senior Group Sales Manager with marketing projects
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- At least 1 year of previous guest/customer service experience
- Committed to excellence and quality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Able to work weekends, evenings and holidays
- Able to read, write, speak, comprehend and understand English
- Must demonstrated ability to build relationships with variety of individuals and departments
- Strong computer skills
- Previous experience in SalesForce.com and Delphi
- Food and beverage experience
- Related College degree
- At least 2 years of previous guest service experience
- Knowledge of all Breckenridge on mountain venues from capacity requirements to menus, policies and logistics
If you’re hard working and feel exhilarated serving others, you’ll feel right at home in our authentic ski town and world-class mountain resort. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, we deliver an experience of a lifetime to every single guest that visits our mountain town. If you’re interested in moving mountains in your career, come work with us at Breckenridge where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127108
4 months ago