Work for Vail Resorts
Grooming Spclst: Nordic Trails / Cross Country - Kirkwood
Kirkwood, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Job Summary: The Grooming Specialist for Nordic Trails / Cross Country operates specialized Cross Country Grooming Equipment to build and maintain Kirkwood’s 80 KM Nordic Ski/Snowshoe Trail Systems
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Installing Trail Systems following heavy Snowfall Storm Cycles
- Learning and Mastering all of the Trail Patterns and Trail Names
- Professional Operation of Track Sled Raising and Lowering at Trail Intersections and Corners
- Maintaining Trails, Farming Snow during Low Snow Conditions
- High School Diploma/GED - required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of Snowcat operations - required.
- Valid Driver’s License - required.
- Must be fluent in English - required.
- Excellent communications skills - required.
- Previous Heavy Equipment Operations - preferred.
- Ability to work Holidays/Weekends/Evenings - required.
Kirkwood is for those that embrace the big mountain lifestyle and are as passionate about skiing and riding as they are about creating amazing experiences for our guests. Magical, raw, expansive and remote…Kirkwood is the stuff of legend. We’re famous for legendary snowfall, challenging inbounds terrain, backcountry guided tours and premier avalanche education programs. Those that come here come for an adventure unique to Kirkwood! Join our close-knit team working at one of the most stunning alpine resorts in the country. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125035
Tourism - Travel
5 months ago