Work for Vail Resorts
Grooming - All Experience Levels - Full Time & Part Time - Kirkwood
Kirkwood, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Job Summary: The Snowcat Groomer will produce an exceptional skiing/riding surface and maintain Kirkwood's slopes and trails during all snow and weather conditions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare and maintain a snow surface for skiers/riders of all levels;
- Fulfill the hauling and dozing needs of other departments;
- Assist with other various outside projects when needed;
- Work in extreme cold conditions and assist our mechanics when needed to troubleshoot breakdowns;
- Responsible for the safety of our guests and employees on the mountain;
- Physical labor will be required on a daily basis.
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Valid drivers license;
- Ability to speak and understand English; must be able to communicate via radio;
- Ability to withstand extreme cold and variable winter conditions;
- Ability to climb in and out of snowcat;
- Ability to clean and remove ice from vehicle at end of every shift;
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and shovel large quantities of snow;
- Demonstrated ability to follow directions and work in small groups;
- Team player
Preferred skills and experience:
- Previous experience operating heavy equipment
- Knowledge of Kirkwood Mountain and Terrain
Intermediate Level Groomer Requirements:
- 3-5 years previous grooming experience in addition to above skills and requirements
Advanced Level Groomer Requirements:
- Must have 6+ years of snowcat operating experience, including the ability to perform precision dozing and grading projects.
Schedule: Five 8 hour shifts / week
Graveyard Shift 12:30am - 9:00am
Kirkwood is for those that embrace the big mountain lifestyle and are as passionate about skiing and riding as they are about creating amazing experiences for our guests. Magical, raw, expansive and remote…Kirkwood is the stuff of legend. We’re famous for legendary snowfall, challenging inbounds terrain, backcountry guided tours and premier avalanche education programs. Those that come here come for an adventure unique to Kirkwood! Join our close-knit team working at one of the most stunning alpine resorts in the country. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127193
Tourism - Travel
4 months ago