Work for Vail Resorts
Grooming - All Experience Levels
Park City, UT, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Groomers are responsible for making sure we provide the best possible skiing surfaces for our guests. Often working late, overnight hours, our groomers will operate one of our grooming machines to flatten and smooth ski runs and terrain parks. Groomers get a chance to see the mountain in a way very few people do.
Snow-cat Operators are responsible for ensuring safe transport of our guests up and down the mountain, or for delivering supplies to our on mountain food and beverage locations. Our on mountain restaurants need to be properly supplied to provide great experiences for our guests, so safety while transporting is a must.
Groomers and Snow-cat operators are both winter seasonal positions, and will generally run from Mid-October through April
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Prepare and maintain a skiing surface for skiers of all levels
- Fulfill all hauling needs and dozing needs of the other departments
- Report any equipment damage to lead driver
- Operates all the Snow-cats with precision
- Understands and follows all safety guidelines
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record - required for all levels
- Willing to work 10+ hour shifts as needed - required for all levels
- Willing to work early morning, late evening and overnight shifts - required for all levels
- Willing to work holiday and weekends as required - required for all levels
- Must be comfortable working outdoors in an alpine, winter environment - required for all levels
- Team player - required for all levels
- Basic understanding of your resort’s trail system - required for Entry
- Experience with operating a Snow-cat and winch cat grooming - required for Advanced & Intermediate
- Understand grooming patterns and methods including team grooming techniques - required for Advanced & Intermediate
- Knowledge of the Ski Resort - required for Advanced and Intermediate
- Ability to detect noticeable problems with equipment - required for all levels
- Understand Safety guidelines - required for all levels
What’s in it for you?
- Free EPIC Pass to all of our resorts.
- Food and beverage discounts at mountain dining locations
- Retail discounts at Vail Resorts Retail stores
- 10-25% off at our Starbucks locations
- Unique events! Including concerts, employee meals, employee activities, pro competitions!
Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126209
Tourism - Travel
3 months ago