Work for Vail Resorts
Groomer / Snowcat Operator - All Experience Levels
Truckee, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Groomers are responsible for making sure we provide the best possible skiing surfaces for our guests. Often working late, overnight hours, our groomers will operate one of our grooming machines to flatten and smooth ski runs and terrain parks. Groomers get a chance to see the mountain in a way very few people do.
Groomers are winter seasonal positions, and will generally run from Mid-October through April.
We are currently hiring entry, intermediate and advanced groomers to join the Northstar team!
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Prepare and maintain a skiing surface for skiers of all levels
- Fulfill all hauling needs and dozing needs of the other departments
- Report any equipment damage to lead driver
- Operates all the Snowcats with precision
- Understands and follows all safety guidelines
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record - required for all levels
- Willing to work 10+ hour shifts as needed - required for all levels
- Willing to work early morning, late evening and overnight shifts - required for all levels
- Willing to work holiday and weekends as required - required for all levels
- Must be comfortable working outdoors in an alpine, winter environment - required for all levels
- Team player - required for all levels
- Basic understanding of your resort’s trail system - required for Entry
- Experience with operating a Snowcat and winch kat grooming - required for Advanced & Intermediate
- Understand grooming patterns and methods including team grooming techniques - required for Advanced & Intermediate
- Knowledge of the Ski Resort - required for Advanced and Intermediate
- Ability to detect noticeable problems with equipment - required for all levels
- Understand Safety guidelines - required for all levels
What’s in it for you?
- Free EPIC Pass to all of our resorts
- Discounted tickets to Arapahoe Basin
- Discounted lodging at our Rock Resort Properties starting at $85/night
- 50% off Colorado Mountain Express transportation
- Food and beverage discounts at mountain dining locations
- Retail discounts at Vail Resorts Retail stores
- 10-25% off at our Starbucks locations
- Unique events! Including concerts, employee meals, employee activities, pro competitions!
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127044
Tourism - Travel
6 months ago