Work for Vail Resorts
Greeter - Product Sales - Part Time
Truckee, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Greeter, as a part of the Product Sales and Services department, is responsible for creating a warm and welcoming first impression to our guests by greeting them in our various ticket, lesson and pass sales locations. The position requires providing information, directions, and product knowledge while offering expert advice regarding Village and Resort services as well as sharing regional highlights, including Truckee and North Lake Tahoe. Follow company/department policies & procedures while interacting with a high volume of guests and effectively managing the queue (line.) The Greeter must continue to pay attention to the details of the operation while being a problem solver, ensuring each guest’s needs are met appropriately.
This position can be located at any of the following locations:
- Tickets & Season Pass Office (3 locations) - This location primarily sells tickets and season passes. It is also the guest service and information center for Northstar. Candidates should have the ability to retain a significant amount of information.
- Kids' Ski & Snowboard School - This location is busy with a lot of young guests. It is preferred that candidates for this location have some experience with children, and/or enjoy interactions with children and their parents. A high level of detail and ability to provide on-the-spot problem solving is preferred.
- Adventure, Guiding, & Learning Center – This location’s focus is on our private and semi-private lesson offerings for adults and children. Candidates in this location need to be able to retain a large amount of Ski & Snowboard School information, along with the Village information to act as the guest’s concierge, if necessary.
- Accurately provide information about lift access products while efficiently directing guests to the correct windows and/or product sales locations.
- Must be able to interact with guests and effectively manage the queue (line) at the same time.
- Ability to learn, understand and effectively communicate multiple product types to guests. Can easily adapt to changing pricing and product offerings.
- Make suitable recommendations on products to meet the guest's needs and the business objectives.
- Must be knowledgeable about the resort, location specifics, events, and activities in order to answer guest inquiries.
- Ability to handle high volumes of customer interaction while delivering exceptional service; Internal & External guests.
- Create a fun & professional work experience while communicating in a courteous & respectful manner.
- Professionally assist and follow through with resolution of guest complaints, concerns & suggestions.
- Follow company/department policies & procedures.
- Participate in resort & departmental trainings and development courses.
- Take initiative to perform duties which facilitate operation and maintain cleanliness while paying attention to detail.
- Help guide guests/groups to proper location(s) at the resort.
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
- Promote and embrace Vail Resort’s Mission and Values; provide a safe work environment; implement Vail Resort’s mountain service essentials, strategies, policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience using a mobile or tablet device
- Ability to communicate fluently and effectively in English
- Ability to develop a quick rapport with guests
- Ability to stay calm in busy and stressful situations
- Ability to answer questions and speak intelligently about all resort products
- Fun, outgoing personality traits
- Ability to adhere to required responsibilities in an unsupervised environment
- Must be at least 18 years of age, or 16 years of age with a work permit
- Prior experience with (resort) POS software
- Experienced and/or conversational in a foreign language
- Previous guest service experience
- College Degree
- Outdoor Enthusiasts
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127265
Tourism - Travel
about 1 month ago