Work for Vail Resorts
Graveyard Security Officer
Truckee, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Graveyard Entry Security Officer – FT Year Round – Northstar California
The Graveyard Entry Security Officer will function as first level public safety officer and shift supervisor. The ideal candidate will show responsibility in all outside work (patrol, walking property, locking doors, reporting issues) and inside work (answering phones, monitoring cameras). The person we seek will thrive in emergency situations, including fire, medical, and facility or personal security concerns. Most importantly, this person will provide excellent guest service, assisting guests, residents, and employees throughout the Northstar property.
Responsibilities for the Security Officer include (but are not limited to):
- Security Officers ensure that all areas of the resort are in order and undisturbed. Officers ensure the safety of our guests and employees, and will engage in constant public and guest relations.
- Officers provide uniformed vehicle, and foot patrols of all company property as well as many private residences.
- Officers conduct investigations of accidents, injuries, and suspicious activities. Additionally, Officers complete daily reports, logs, and other written documents.
- Officers secure premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points.
- Officers respond to radio calls for service to departments/areas in need. Additionally Officers perform other duties as assigned.
- Valid driver license and acceptable driving record.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to be on your feet for extended periods of time in inclement weather.
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Strong communications and writing skills.
- Must be able to pass a background check and obtain a California Guard Card.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125246
Tourism - Travel
about 1 month ago