Work for Vail Resorts
General Manager - Mountain Dining - Heavenly
South Lake Tahoe, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Job Summary: Heavenly is currently seeking General Managers for a few of our on-mountain Lodges. The General Manager is responsible for overseeing daily restaurant and lodge function, staffing, and product. They are also responsible for ensuring a high quality of service and safety for our internal and external guests and employees.
- Oversees daily operations within their location; has a daily plan to effectively operate the location
- Coordinates the efforts of lodge employees; assures adequate staffing and supervision
- Maintains adequate inventory levels of all products according to business demands
- Inspects quality of food product received as well as what is served to the guests
- Promotes a Safety Culture to keep guests and Employees safe
- Assures completion of necessary paperwork on a daily basis
- Oversees employee scheduling, development, hiring, progressive discipline and separation
- Manages daily labor control to budgeted business volumes and weather patterns
- Understanding of corporate and resort specific policies and procedures.
- Meets service level objectives and departmental goals set forth by Resort Management
- Minimum 4 years restaurant experience, preferably in supervisory role
- Minimum 2 years supervising a staff of 15 or more
- ServeSafe Certified- preferred
- TIPS Card Certified - preferred
- Ability to lift/carry 50lbs
- Ability to stand for up to 8 hours a day
- Minimum 3 years previous experience in cash-handling using a point of sale system; ability to troubleshoot register system for errors.
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office; ability to complete daily reports and paperwork in an efficient manner
- Ability to speak, read, write and communicate clearly in English
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure and high volume.
- Ability to solve customer problems or issues, ensuring the best result is reached
- Strong organization and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate with employees, guests, and customers to provide excellent service
- Intermediate Ski or Snowboard ability for on Mountain Locations
Must have a flexible work schedule which includes holidays and weekends. Must be able to work at least 40 hours a week and more during Peak/Holiday periods
We have base area positions available. Positions are available in the following locations:
- Stagecoach Lodge (Base Lodge in Nevada)
- Boulder Lodge (Base Lodge in Nevada)
If you want to work for a different kind of ski resort, you’ve found your perfect match at Heavenly. With a massive mountain full of off-the-grid terrain and incredible views of Lake Tahoe, Heavenly is for those who want to go big and forge their own path. From on-mountain concerts to world-famous après ski parties and a one-of-a-kind DJ CAT, Heavenly exudes high-energy from first chair to last call. Come be a part of the team committed to delivering a refreshingly unique ski experience. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127170
Tourism - Travel
4 months ago