Work for Vail Resorts
General F&B Manager - Bighorn Bistro, Tenderfoot Lounge, & Room Service - Year Round - Keystone
Keystone, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Peacefully resting at the foot of the Rocky Mountains, the award winning Keystone Lodge & Spa is one of Colorado's most prized vacation destinations. Our resort is home to a wonderful variety of dining options for our guests - everything from a fine dining steakhouse surrounded by beautiful mountain views to the ease of in-room dining!
The Food and Beverage Manager is responsible for: Tenderfoot Lounge, Big Horn Steakhouse and In-Room Dining at the Keystone Lodge and Spa. This individual will provide leadership to the Keystone Lodge & Spa and must be a motivated, self-starter, requiring only general direction to achieve desired results. Responsibilities of this position include financial results, bar operations and service standards. Job duties also include hiring, training and managing employees to ensure the highest levels of service as outlined in Preferred and AAA service standards. This position will work with employees in each outlet to build a strong team, and develop and maintain strong interdepartmental relations throughout the Lodge. Partnering with the finance team on budget development and achievement throughout the year and with Marketing, Banquets, Conference Center, Human Resources and corporate to ensure superior operations within the Vail Resorts guidelines. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Management of operation in all service areas
- Leading by example and developing all service staff.
- Recognizing and developing key staff members with the effective use of delegation.
- Leads management team in strategic planning regarding financial planning, cost control and positioning of restaurant.
- Effectively directs all supervisory staff in the daily management of a multifaceted outlet.
- Acting as spokesperson for the F&B department by sharing information with service and culinary staff.
- Capable of performing all duties in own outlet and any other outlet in which may be assisting.
- Setting and maintaining standards for: organization, time management, cleanliness, punctuality in regards to paperwork, meetings, deadlines and returning phone calls.
- Supporting, maintaining and participating in company goals and philosophies.
- Designing and operating a service program to defined company standards.
- Addressing and correcting all service issues promptly and fairly.
- Staff Development & Growth:
- Consistently motivating and scheduling self and staff to achieve higher levels of knowledge and performance through external training classes.
- Purchasing and maintaining equipment for efficient daily operation.
- Appreciation and protection of assets.
- High School Diploma or equivalent - required
- College Degree – preferred
- Management Trainee Program Graduate (i.e. Potentials/Peak Pursuits) - preferred
- Must be able to read, write and speak in English - required
- Conversational Spanish - preferred
- High level working knowledge of Excel, Word and email programs - required
- At least 2 years of POS experience, Info Genesis experience - preferred
- Experience in PeopleSoft and budgeting programs - preferred.
- Previous experience in researching and writing accurate projections and budgets - preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience - required
- At least 2 years of culinary experience - preferred, preferably within a hotel operation.
- Certified in TIPS and enforcement of Bartender’s Code of Conduct as well as all other company alcohol service policies within 6 months of start date
- Serve Safe Certification or within 6 months of start date
We’re looking for team members who are passionate about their work and the world around them, who take pride in ensuring our guests receive the best possible service, and who bring a sense of self and fun to all they do. Life at 9,280 feet in the sky is a little different. With our crisp Rocky Mountain air and vast options for adventure and exploring, you can join a community who loves where they live and love what they do. Keystone will be your home away from home, with its warmth, friendliness and unequaled eye for detail. Come join our team – where A Mountain of Possibilities awaits. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127159
5 months ago