Work for Vail Resorts
Front Desk - The Osprey, a RockResort
Avon, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Front Desk Agent is assigned to perform all tasks associated with the everyday front desk operation of the properties through excellent customer service skills while assisting all managers and fellow employees as needed.
The Front Desk Agent responsibilities at the Osprey Hotel include, but are not limited to:
- Greeting guests and homeowners in a warm and friendly, prompt and professional manner
- Register guests collecting appropriate information from the guest and make necessary notations in the reservation system, issue room keys, provide information on hotel services and room location, process payment for stay and close out guest accounts at time of check out.
- Receive and process payments, explain guest charges accurately and professionally and respond to disputes of guest charges
- Make room reservations, log guest requests and accurately maintain the status of each reservation
- Manage incoming telephone and email correspondence in a prompt and courteous manner
- Accept and log all incoming packages, ship and log all outgoing packages, accept and schedule the delivery of guest amenities and ensure guests receive all mail, luggage and packages in a timely manner.
- May perform tasks related to and assist other staff with bellmen, housekeeping and maintenance
- Responsible for cleanliness of guest reception and surrounding public areas
- Occasionally fulfill concierge duties including dinner, transportation and activity reservations.
- Provide useful information to guests about local services and activities
- Maintain a high level of professional appearance, demeanor and ethics at all times
- Handle confidential information, including guest records with a high degree of integrity
- Participate in training classes as assigned by the manager
- Comply with all resort policies, deliver a consistently high standard of customer service within the department and maintain a high level of professional appearance, demeanor and ethics at all times.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent - required
- Proficient in Microsoft applications - required
- Ability to communicate with guest, homeowners, and colleagues with diplomacy and tact - required
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal - required
- Ability to stand for long periods of time for up to 8 hours without sitting - required
- Ability to work in a team and be detail oriented
- Strong organizational skills - required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which includes weekends and evenings - required
- Ability to lift and carry 50lbs - preferred
- At least 1 year Front Desk Experience - preferred
- Previous guest/customer service experience - preferred
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126148
5 months ago