Work for Vail Resorts
Front Desk Supervisor - Northstar Lodging
Truckee, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
One of the finest year-round mountain resorts in North America, Northstar California is host to a base area village featuring unique shops and restaurants, a conference center, 9,000 square foot outdoor skating rink, on-site lodging, special events and more! A winter sport enthusiast's paradise, Northstar offers 97 ski trails spread across 3,170 acres, award-winning terrain parks and snow sports including alpine and Telemark skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and tubing. Summer activities include mountain biking, golfing, scenic lift rides for sightseeing and hiking, and fly-fishing!
The Front Desk Supervisor is responsible for taking lodging reservations, checking in and out of guests, and assisting all Northstar guests. Assists customers and staff members when necessary in a timely and enthusiastic manner. Directs lodging staff and leads by example.
Additional responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- "Sell" Northstar to all potential customers, keeping current on rates, promotions, and special events.
- Book lodging reservations into LMS computer system.
- Check in guests at front desk explaining all facilities.
- Check out guests reviewing billing and payments.
- Maintain complete informational knowledge of Northstar and the surrounding area.
- Post guest charges and payments. Issue tickets and vouchers.
- Responsible for cash bank, balance of paperwork, and monies.
- Work within established guidelines to resolve any problems to the guest's satisfaction
- Communicate with other departments as required.
- Supervising lodging staff and maintaining/enforcing department standards and policies.
- Training lodging staff and facilitating an efficient customer first environment.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Some college education preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to stand up to 6 hours during shift
- Must be able to work weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to lift 25+ lbs
- Must be able to commit to scheduled hours and dates
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 122132
4 months ago