Work for Vail Resorts
Front Desk Agent - Year Round (10 Month) - Austria Haus Hotel
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Be a part of the team at the iconic and traditional Austria Haus hotel. We strive to provide an above and beyond experience for our guests and the front desk is where it all starts.
This position will also require performing the duties at the front desk,
- Perform guest registration and room assignment and accommodate special requests of all customers.
- Answer the phones according to the standards of proper etiquette and as fast as possible (no more than three rings).
- Assist all guests in problems and questions as required. Ensure that all guest problems are resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
- Handle mail and messages properly and on a confidential basis as well as be responsible for safety deposit boxes.
- Handle all front desk duties according to hotel policies, procedures, internal rules and standards.
- Be knowledgeable about daily hotel operations, check daily event sheet, bulletin boards and be up to date with all changes, new procedures and events.
- Have knowledge about room rates, packages, discounts, promotions and upgrade program and know how to handle each.
- Have knowledge about guest rooms, locations, amenities, features and all other services offered by the hotel.
- Bank out at the end of the shift by following the blind drop procedures strictly. The MOD will always verify the shift closing.
- Be familiar with the AM, PM and night daily checklist to ensure smooth daily operations
- High school diploma or GED. -required
- College degree. -preferred
- Hotel guest service experience or other customer service background. -preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft office, LMS or other property management/reservation program. -preferred
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, written and verbal. -required
- Must be well spoken and polished up to resort property expectation. -required
- Experience with hotel operations, computer skills, customer/guest service. -preferred
Learn more about:
Austria Haus www.austriahaushotel.com
Vail Resorts Grooming Policy: http://jobs.vailresorts.com/info/company-policies.aspx Vail Hospitality's Grooming policy may be slightly more stringent due to our luxury brand.
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127487
20 days ago