Work for Vail Resorts
Front Desk Agent, Vail Marriott
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Front Desk Agent - Vail Marriott Mountain Resort - Full Time - Seasonal - Vail, CO
The magnitude of beauty at the Vail Marriott Mountain Resort (http://www.vailmarriott.com) is one that defines the elegance of a European Chateau with the back drop of the Rocky Mountains. The Vail Marriott Mountain Resort and Spa is now hiring a Front Desk Agent, Full Time Year Round.
Serving guests at the front desk while providing the highest level of service possible in an efficient, courteous and professional manner by following Marriott standards of aggressive hospitality and adhering to guidelines and procedures. Must be proficient and comfortable with complex computer operations.
- Perform guest registration and room assignment and accommodate special requests of all customers.
- Operate MARSHA and PMS, take same day reservations and know how to enter a reservation in MARSHA.
- Answer the phones according to the standards of proper etiquette and as fast as possible (no more than three rings).
- Assist all guests in problems and questions as required. Ensure that all guest problems are resolved by using the LEARN procedures.
- Handle mail and messages properly and on a confidential basis.
- Handle all duties according to hotel policies, procedures, internal rules and standards.
- Be knowledgeable about daily hotel operations, check daily event sheet, bulletin boards and be up to date with all changes, new procedures and events.
- Have knowledge about room rates, packages, discounts and promotions and know how to handle each.
- Have knowledge about guest rooms, locations, amenities, features and all other services offered by the hotel.
- Be knowledgeable about Marriott Rewards, Club Marquis and other frequent traveler programs.
- Know how to handle safe deposit boxes.
- Bank out at the end of the shift by following the blind drop procedures strictly. The front desk manager will always verify the shift closing.
- Be familiar with the AM, PM and night daily checklist to ensure smooth daily operations
- High school diploma or equivalent. -required
- Bachelors Degree in Hospitality / Hospitality Management and / or luxury hotel experience. - highly preferred
- Must be able to speak, read, write, understand and comprehend English fluently. - required
- Proficient in Microsoft applications. -required
- Able to communicate with guest, homeowners, and colleagues with diplomacy and tact. -required
- Able to stand for long periods of time in excess of 4 hours without sitting. -required
- Proficient on property management systems (SMS, PMS, LMS). -preferred
- Property management or guest service experience. -preferred
- Administrative experience. -preferred
- Knowledge of the area. -preferred
- Spanish is helpful. -preferred
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays and evenings. -required
- Resumes. -required
- In-person interviews. -highly preferred
- 2 satisfactory references. -required
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127493
about 1 month ago