Work for Vail Resorts
Front Desk Agent - Silverado Lodge - Full Time
Park City, UT, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
To check guests into and out of the Silverado Lodge, and perform related front desk duties.
- Provide superior service to our customers (internal and external) at all times. Follow The Resort’s etiquette guidelines as mandated on the employee staff guide.
- Check in guests at the front desk, confirming and entering appropriate information by asking for an ID card and credit card.
- Check guests out, and ensure billing is correct.
- Run various computer reports at the beginning and end of the shift (checklist, D2L, D2S, Guest Folio, etc.).
- Take payments, post charges, enter amounts into computer, and balance accounts at end of shift.
- Answer a variety of questions from guests, and handle routine problems, referring more unusual or difficult problems or complaints to supervisor or other appropriate staff members.
- Relay guest maintenance requests through Maintenance Connection, and follow up with guest after 20 minutes.
- Relay guest housekeeping requests by calling the Housekeeping department, and follow up with the guest after 20 minutes.
- Answer the switchboard within 3 rings, and transfer calls to appropriate department or person.
- Understand and be able to make a walk-in reservation.
- Maintain knowledge of daily activities in and around the hotel, resort, and Park City area.
- Make full use of the intranet and Public TC-Fileserver for additional knowledge and information.
- Handle emergencies that arise when on duty alone, notifying appropriate personnel.
- Knowledgeable of the Grand Summit, Silverado, Sundial, and DoubleTree hotel amenities and lay-out.
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness of the Front Desk, PBX, and reception area.
- Assist Bell and Valet when appropriate.
- Must be willing to work weekends, holidays and nights and graveyard shifts (as necessary).
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Front Office Manager, Assistant Front Office Manager or Front Desk Supervisor.
- High school plus one year of relevant clerical experience.
- Basic typing skills with computer data entry experience desirable.
- Basic reading, spelling, and math skills.
- Ability to converse clearly and comfortably with many different types of people.
- Ability to deal courteously and efficiently with customers and other Company personnel.
- Ability to learn a variety of information about the Company’s lodging and recreational facilities, packages and services, as well as general information about the area.
Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125729 ELJ
5 months ago