Work for Vail Resorts
Front Desk Agent - Keystone Condo Front Desk - Keystone, CO
Keystone, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Front Desk Agent is responsible for maintaining the Brand Standards of Guest Service during check in and check out. This position will follow all front desk procedures to ensure a professional and genuine guest experience. This person will possess outstanding customer service, interpersonal and presentation skills in order to assist and resolve guest issues and complaints.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Welcomes guests in a warm, friendly, prompt, and professional manner
- Register guests, issue room keys, provide information, process payment for stay, and close out guest accounts at time of check out
- Up-sell rooms when possible to maximize lodging revenue
- Utilize all guest notes to provide preferences on accommodations and services
- Follow proper cash handling procedures outlined in the bank contract and training manual
- Distribute mail/messages/faxes to guests and employees and handle shipping arrangements for guest packages
- Assist at other front desks, internal and external departments as necessary
- Handle confidential and guest information with the highest degree of integrity
- Ensure the area is maintained in an organized manner and kept cleaned every shift. (i.e. entrance, lobby, front desk, back office, storage closets)
- Complete all administrative paperwork in a timely and accurate manner
- At the discretion of the Front Desk Manager, Assistant Front Desk Manager and Front Desk Lead, help train new team members
- Responsible for ensuring that all resort guests have the highest quality guest service experience possible by adhering to the brand standards while maintaining a profitable department.
- Utilize all guest profiles to personalize the guest experience and provide preferences on accomodations and services
- Answer the phone according to brand and resort standards
- Exhibits excellent hospitality guest service skills and demonstrates a strong attention to detail and follow up
- Performs all duties required of the front desk staff and capable of assisting other property management and hotel staff, as necessary, to include filling in other roles such as; concierge, greeter, PBX, Guest Service Agent and any other assistance when called upon
- Exhibits a professional demeanor through appearance and by maintaining a positive attitude toward all employees, managers and guests
- Anticipate guest' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests
- Develops a strong working relationship with co-workers and managers throughout the property to ensure communication and teamwork are at optimum levels
- Notifies manager or lead if any equipment is broken or supplies are running low
- Practices safe work habits in all types of duties and with all equipment
- Ensure the department leads the charge in regard to recycling efforts and environmental initiative.
- Complies with all Resort policies, procedures and standards of operation
- High School Diploma or Equivalent - required
- At least 1 year of experience in guest service - required
- Previous experience working front desk - preferred
- Good English communication skills - required
We’re looking for team members who are passionate about their work and the world around them, who take pride in ensuring our guests receive the best possible service, and who bring a sense of self and fun to all they do. Life at 9,280 feet in the sky is a little different. With our crisp Rocky Mountain air and vast options for adventure and exploring, you can join a community who loves where they live and love what they do. Keystone will be your home away from home, with its warmth, friendliness and unequaled eye for detail. Come join our team – where A Mountain of Possibilities awaits. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 124850
about 1 month ago