Work for Vail Resorts
Front Desk Agent and Reservationist - Kirkwood
Kirkwood, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Front Desk Agent & Reservationist is responsible for maintaining the Brand Standards of Guest Service during reservation booking, check in and check out. This position will follow all front desk procedures to ensure a professional and genuine guest experience. This person will possess outstanding customer service, interpersonal and presentation skills in order to assist and resolve guest issues and complaints.
Additional responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Welcomes guests in a warm, friendly, prompt, and professional manner
- Register guests, issue room keys, provide information, process payment for stay, and close out guest accounts at time of check out
- Takes phone reservations and is able to match the guests needs with the appropriate room type & property
- Inputs online reservation notifications into our lodging management system
- Up-sell rooms when possible to maximize lodging revenue
- Utilize all guest notes to provide preferences on accommodations and services
- Follow proper cash handling procedures outlined in the bank contract and training manual
- Distribute mail/messages/faxes to guests and employees and handle shipping arrangements for guest packages
- Handle confidential and guest information with the highest degree of integrity
- Ensure the area is maintained in an organized manner and kept cleaned every shift. (i.e. entrance, lobby, front desk, back office, storage closets)
- Complete all administrative paperwork in a timely and accurate manner
- At the discretion of the Front Desk Manager, help train new team members
- Responsible for ensuring that all resort guests have the highest quality guest service experience possible by adhering to the brand standards while maintaining a profitable department.
- Utilize all guest profiles to personalize the guest experience and provide preferences on accommodations and services
- Answer the phone according to brand and resort standards
- Exhibits excellent hospitality guest service skills and demonstrates a strong attention to detail and follow up
- Exhibits a professional demeanor through appearance and by maintaining a positive attitude toward all employees, managers and guests
- Anticipate guest' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests
- Develops a strong working relationship with co-workers and managers throughout the property to ensure communication and teamwork are at optimum levels
- Notifies manager or lead if any equipment is broken or supplies are running low
- Practices safe work habits in all types of duties and with all equipment
- Ensure the department leads the charge in regard to recycling efforts and environmental initiative.
- Complies with all Resort policies, procedures and standards of operation
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to talk on the phone for long periods of time
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including morning, swing, late night shifts (until 2am) and occasional split shifts
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Minimum 2 years of customer service experience
- Able to lift 25lbs or more.
Kirkwood is for those that embrace the big mountain lifestyle and are as passionate about skiing and riding as they are about creating amazing experiences for our guests. Magical, raw, expansive and remote…Kirkwood is the stuff of legend. We’re famous for legendary snowfall, challenging inbounds terrain, backcountry guided tours and premier avalanche education programs. Those that come here come for an adventure unique to Kirkwood! Join our close-knit team working at one of the most stunning alpine resorts in the country. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 124565
18 days ago