Work for Vail Resorts
Food & Beverage Supervisor - All F&B Outlets - Part/Full Time
Afton Alps, MN, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Supervisors are responsible for the chalet cafeterias located in the Alps, Meadows, Landing Zone and Highlands Chalets. Managing staff, overseeing food preparation and service, servicing the needs of guests, ensuring a safe and sanitary workplace, training of staff, and enforcing all policies, guidelines, and procedures to make an outstanding experience for all guests and employees is the goal.
This position is seasonal running from November to April.
Job Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Ensures that all employees receive the training, support, guidance, feedback, and resources neccesary
- Responsible for providing quality guest experiences within resort operations
- Ability to delegate responsibility, motivate, and lead direct reports to acheive goals and objectives
- Understanding of corporate and resort specific policies and procedures
- Provide quality to guests by directing staff in meeting quality standards for food handling and preparation, safety and sanitation
- Assume responsibility for the cleanliness of the building and the safety of guests and employees
- Ensure all coolers, freezers, and walk in's are maintained at the companies and health inspectors's food safety standards and HAACP standards, including daily log of refriderator and freezer temperatures
- Create daily preperation lists, cleaning, opening and closing lists for team
- Knowledgeableof restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair, and consistent corrective acton for any and all violations of company policies, rules, and procedures
- Fills in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations
- Responsible for helping cashiers with start bags and making deposits, and the paperwork associated with it
- Must be at least 18 years of age - required
- Excellent leadership, problem-solving, and multi-tasking skills with even temperment and a positive attitude
- Able to work on your feet for up to 8 hours a day
- Able to lift and carry up to 35 lbs
- Willing and able to work weekends and holidays, days, nights, or both - required
- Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in english
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure/high volume and solve customer problems and issues
- Servesafe or food managers certificate - highly preferred
- Experience supervising in a restaurant - highly preferred
Create incredible experiences for guests at the Midwest’s premier winter destination. In the scenic St. Croix River Valley, this big-time resort with a small town feel has converted thousands of first-timers into lifelong skiers and riders. This truly is where Epic begins for skiers of all levels and can be where your epic career begins, too. Become part of the Afton Alps family. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126771
Tourism - Travel
4 months ago