Work for Vail Resorts
Fine Dining Support - Server Assistant, Food Runner, Expeditor - FT or PT
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Fine Dining Support Staff on Vail Mountain exemplify guest service excellence and have a commitment to exceeding guests' expectations. Menu knowledge, wine knowledge, executing service with high Vail Mountain Fine Dining service standards, having an interactive rapport with guests, and having a dedicated work ethic while working in a fast-paced and high end environment are skill assets that we seek within our staffs. Applicants may be considered for either The 10th, Vail's critically acclaimed on-mountain fine-dining restaurant, or Game Creek Restaurant, a members-only private lunch restaurant with a prix-fixe multi-course dinner open to the public.
Nestled just below Eagle's Nest and just above the Game Creek chair lift, Game Creek Restaurant is a truly unique location where guests can enjoy a gourmet dinner and an exceptional dining experience while overlooking the beautiful Game Creek Bowl. Game Creek Restaurant is open 7 days a week for a private Club luncheon, open exclusively for Game Creek Club members, and offers delectable, five-star, distinctive American cuisine. Receiving the Best Of Award of Excellence, the culinary experience is complimented by an award-winning wine list and superior service. This breathtaking European chalet-style restaurant is accessible as ski in/ski out for lunch or by gondola and snow cat for dinner.
The 10th serves an upscale sit-down lunch daily, complete with a boot room for guests to enjoy slippers while they dine! Located at the top of Gondola One at Mid-Vail, The 10th is accessed either by ski-in and ski-out during the day or via Vail’s brand new high tech Gondola One. Modern. Alpine. Inspired. The 10th redefines classic alpine cuisine and elevates service to new standards in Vail.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Complete assigned opening and closing sidework duties.
- Obtain service area assignment at the beginning of each shift.
- May act as food runner by carrying out and accurately delivering food to guests in the dining room and maintaining the service window.
- Responsible for serving correct food to guests, using silent service, and assisting servers with dining room floor service.
- May act as Expeditor and coordinate plates and ensure plating accuracy.
- Expeditors must be knowledgeable of menu items and their preparations, proper table set up, and restaurant organization – expeditors have previously worked in restaurants and are fluid with food knowledge and kitchen etiquette.
- Expeditors at Game Creek will work daytime lunch shifts as a server, and evening dinner shifts as an Expeditor/Food Runner – prior table service experience required.
- Have explicit knowledge of all menu items and their preparation.
- Bring bread, butter and water to table.
- Remove used tableware between courses and provide tableware for next course.
- Clear plates, glassware, and flatware from tables after guests have finished dining.
- Take soiled tableware to dish room and unload, sort and stack silverware, dishes, glassware, etc. in designated areas in the soiled dish drop off area.
- Between seatings promptly clean table tops and chairs. Check floor and clean as required.
- Quickly, efficiently and accurately reset and arrange tabletop.
- Respond appropriately to guest requests and accommodate their needs. Communicate guest requests to server as needed.
- Communicate with server and hostess to assure efficient seating, table utilization and customer service.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- Ensures the presentation of every plate going into the dining room with the whole order to the correct table.
- Must be knowledgeable of proper table set up, menu and course descriptions and the restaurant organization.
- Must have a friendly and courteous attitude towards guests - required.
- Must be able to lift and carry 40+ lbs - required.
- Must be able to stand for 8+ hours - required.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays - required.
- Must be fluent in English - required.
- High school diploma or equivalent - preferred.
- Prior guest service experience - required.
- Previous restaurant experience, specifically 1 year minimum sit-down dining server - preferred.
- Must be available to work holidays including: Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, December 26th through January 2nd, Presidents’ Day Weekend, and any other holidays as requested -required.
- ServSafe or Food Handler’s Card (or ability to obtain) – required.
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125366
Tourism - Travel
3 months ago