Work for Vail Resorts
Financial Analyst, Mountain Dining - Breckenridge & Keystone Resorts
Breckenridge, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
As a financial professional, this is the job you've been dreaming about! Use your finance experience and be part of the unique and fun ski resort/mountain industry. This is an opportunity to fulfill your professional and personal passions all in one place. Located in the beautiful Colorado Rockies, Breck and Keystone are a vibrant mountain area full of people looking to work hard and play hard. We are known for our winters with world class skiing/riding, other winter sports and world class competitions, but Breckenridge and Keystone are a summer playground as well. Our summers are filled with hiking, camping, mountain & trail biking, kayaking/canoeing, sailing, rafting, float trips, golf and fishing. Everything an outdoor enthusiast needs all year round!
The Mountain Finance team drives comprehensive financial planning, forecasting and analysis to enable the company to align its resources with the achievement of its strategic goals- both long term and short term. The Mountain Finance team works closely with Breck & Keystone’s Chief Operating Officers, the business managers for each department and the Corporate Finance team in Broomfield.
The Mountain Dining Financial Analyst is a major player in the Finance Management team, responsible for driving budget planning (capital and expense), forecasting and reporting aligned with the common goals of the Mountain COO's and Corporate Financial Planning. The Analyst will report to the Breckenridge & Keystone Finance Directors and be responsible for:
- Support the Finance Director in the financial management of the resort.
- Coordinate the financial process for Breckenridge & Keystone.
- Prepare annual operating budgets and annual capital budgets in conjunction with managers and other analysts
- Prepare monthly forecasts
- Provide business support and ad hoc financial analysis
- Prepare and distribute financial reports for managers, including variance analysis and commentary
- Monitor & coordinate the capital expenditure process
- Anticipate changes in the business and advise on efficiencies and improvements
- Assure accounting practices are followed by all managers
- Juggle multiple priorities, be comfortable with change, take initiated, work within tight deadlines
- At least 4 years of accounting and/or finance experience - required
- Previous experience as financial analyst - strongly preferred
- Finance / Accounting Degree - preferred
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel and other MS Office programs including PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer and Word - required
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft or other ERP systems - preferred
- Proven strong financial analysis and modeling skills, self-starter, pro-active, detail-oriented, with demonstrated problem-solving skills and strong communication
If you’re hard working and feel exhilarated serving others, you’ll feel right at home in our authentic ski town and world-class mountain resort. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, we deliver an experience of a lifetime to every single guest that visits our mountain town. If you’re interested in moving mountains in your career, come work with us at Breckenridge where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125239
Tourism - Travel
18 days ago