Work for Vail Resorts
F&B Support - Steward - The Osprey - Beaver Creek, CO
Avon, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The AM/PM Dishwasher is responsible for general restaurant duties, including but not limited to: bussing tables, stocking and distributing goods/products/beverages, handling trash and recycles, cashiering, maintaining cleanliness of service areas, bathrooms and kitchen, dishwashing, shoveling snow, and preparing and/or serving food.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Exhibits a professional demeanor through appearance and by maintaining a positive attitude toward all employees and guests. Capable of working as part of a cohesive team.
- Responsible for ensuring all kitchen equipment is properly sanitized, washed, racked, stored or re-stocked. Is careful to avoid breakage when handling all equipment.
- Seeks out work as each task is completed and works at fast and safe pace.
- Closely monitors the kitchen line and restocks plates and other culinary supplies before they run out.
- Capable of reading BEO and pulling the appropriate amount of china, glass, and silver for banquet events. Performs any additional tasks or projects as required.
- Promptly empties trash cans before they are totally full. Pulls any silverware, or other equipment, out of the trash to help save the department money.
- Oversees the compliance of state health regulations in regard to kitchen cleanliness, sanitation storage of all kitchen items. Adheres to all resort brand standards by monitoring the quality of china, glass and silver and pulling any broken or damaged pieces from inventory.
- Practices “clean as you go” techniques that ensures all kitchens, dish rooms, storage and heart-of-the-house areas are both clean and safe.
- Properly maintains all dish machines, burnishing equipment, floor machines, etc.
- Implements systems to keep floors clean, dry and safe. Utilizes wet followed by dry mopping techniques and caution signs when necessary.
- High School diploma. -preferred
- Prior experience in a fast paced restaurant setting. -preferred
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English. –preferred
- Dishwashing experience - preferred
- Ability to communicate in Spanish. -preferred
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. -required
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays. -required
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time. -required
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127576
4 months ago