Work for Vail Resorts
F&B Supervisor- One Ski Hill Place- Winter Seasonal
Breckenridge, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Our Shift Supervisor for One Ski Hill Place supervises and directs all aspects of food and beverage as well as conference services operation under the guidance of the Manager and Assistant Manager. This individual will be professional and gracious while enhancing the resort experience through outstanding service skills. The ideal candidate will lead a staff of up to 15 servers, bartenders, and setups, both in our restaurant and in our banquet facilities.
- Provides prompt, accurate, professional, and friendly food and beverage, setup, and conference services to property and conference guests. Maintains strict Rock Resort standards.
- Supervises, assists, and directs servers, bartenders, and setups in daily operations. Assists coworkers internally and externally, resort-wide.
- Consistently follows the steps of the service cycle as outlined in the brand standards and ensures the timing and flow of service is correctly paced.
- Initiate daily pre-shift meetings with staff.
- Maintains food/beverage, linen, and dry goods inventories to par levels for both restaurant and banquets.
- Maintains equipment and keeps at par levels.
- Maintains all work areas in a neat and orderly manner at all times. Checks F&B areas before, during, and after shift for proper set up & cleanliness. Makes sure employees follow established checklists for opening & closing duties for restaurant and banquet shifts.
- Greets all guests in a courteous and professional manner. Handles multiple guests efficiently. Address problems quickly and appropriately. Follows established Rock Resort Brand Standards for F&B operations. Ensures all BEO's are followed and serviced in a timely manner.
- Controls costs including but not limited to food, liquor, labor and associated expenses. Takes responsibility to keep Cost of Sales in line with budget.
- Displays excellent communication/organizational skills and proven ability to work under high pressure.
- Trains newly hired waitstaff to expected service levels and Rock Resort standards.
- Supports management in the roll out of new policies and holds waitstaff accountable to new policies and standards.
- Assists management in day to day oversight of events and reports to management on any inconsistencies with procedure and behavior.
- Ensures that location is opened and closed according to company policy when required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent - required
- Minimum 2 years restaurant experience- required
- Minimum 1 year supervisory experience- preferred
- Administrative skills, experience with MS Office Suite- preferred
- English - required
- TIPS certification required within 30 days of employment- required
If you’re hard working and feel exhilarated serving others, you’ll feel right at home in our authentic ski town and world-class mountain resort. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, we deliver an experience of a lifetime to every single guest that visits our mountain town. If you’re interested in moving mountains in your career, come work with us at Breckenridge where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125680
5 months ago