Work for Vail Resorts
F&B General Manager - Timber Ridge
Keystone, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
This position is responsible for the Timber Ridge Food Court and its successful functioning during the winter. The right candidate will possess strong managerial skills, the ability to hire, train, motivate, coach and discipline staff, as well as attention to detail.
Essential Job Functions:
- Overall management of the Timber Ridge (TR) Food Court during operating times
- Financial responsibility: P&L, expenses, labor, COS, ordering/inventory/costing, forecasting, budget development and analysis of financial information.
- Staff responsibility: setting staff numbers, posting, hiring, training, motivating, coaching, discipline and developing staff experiences and training throughout the season. Coordinate snow removal and storage/cleaning of outlet. Scheduling, labor analysis. Communicating to staff and responding to staff issues.
- Guest responsibility: address guest concerns in a timely fashion, enforce and enhance guest service training and education, provide an exceptional experience to all guests. Actively pursues GSAT (market research) targets and responds to trends.
- General responsibility: costing/pricing of menus, development of new items, analysis of product and sales, inventory, ordering, payroll, closing duties, safe counts/maintenance, working with Maintenance dept on projects and priorities, close work with other departments and within outlet. Floor Supervision during peak times, coordination with other departments (Lift Maintenance, Operations, Night Operations, etc) to ensure a smooth operation. Some summer support duties may be required during the winter operating times
- Support responsibility: in summers, provide support to GMs of Alpenglow Stube & Fondue/TimberRidge for weddings, events, and general service. Support can include, but is not limited to; payroll, inventory, ordering, wine lists, menu development, Floor Supervision, ceremony setting, coordinating with sales/Conference Center/vendors/bride-grooms/etc, and taking point when necessary. This position may be required to operate a company vehicle in the summer, and will need to pass a driving test and MVR check.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to communicate fluently in all forms of English- written/spoken/etc.
- Minimum 3 years previous work experience in F&B – strong preference given to experience within Vail Resorts
- ServSafe Manager Certification, TIPS Certification, Slip Resistant Shoes – or obtain upon hire
- Moderate- Proficient with MS Office (Word/Excel/Outlook)
- Proficient in MS Office, InfoGenesis, PeopleSoft, StrattonWarren
- Previous supervisory experience in food & beverage
- Varied work experience – including, but not limited to; fine dining, high volume, banquets, food courts, etc
- Ability to communicate in Spanish
- College Degree in Management/Business or equivalent work experience
We’re looking for team members who are passionate about their work and the world around them, who take pride in ensuring our guests receive the best possible service, and who bring a sense of self and fun to all they do. Life at 9,280 feet in the sky is a little different. With our crisp Rocky Mountain air and vast options for adventure and exploring, you can join a community who loves where they live and love what they do. Keystone will be your home away from home, with its warmth, friendliness and unequaled eye for detail. Come join our team – where A Mountain of Possibilities awaits. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125889
Tourism - Travel
5 months ago