Work for Vail Resorts
F&B Cashier - On Mountain Lodges - FT & PT - Winter Seasonal - Northstar, CA
Truckee, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Cashier processes cash, check or credit payments for food and beverage bills. May take orders as well as deliver items to tables as needed. May also perform guest service functions, such as greeting guests, requesting feedback on quality of food and service, and ensuring any issues are addressed.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Greet and assist guests as they approach the register.
- Make sure drawer contents are counted and accurate before opening.
- Responsible for keeping money neat and orderly.
- Keep track of all voids and over-rings.
- Ring in proper payment with each transaction.
- Assure payment is made for every item.
- Maintain orderly operations and ensure you have enough cash in your drawer for making change at all times.
- Maintain the cleanliness of your area.
- Help with closing procedures.
- Maintain a friendly, team spirit with a focus on guest service.
- Stock fruit bins, candy baskets, and chip stands.
- Contribute to team effort by participating in Job Sharing, assuming responsibility for the cleanliness of the resort and safety of guests and employees; participating in safety meetings; accepting diverse assignments; maintain a positive and friendly attitude and demeanor in all internal and external interactions.
- Meet service level objectives and department goals as set forth by immediate supervisor.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Lodge at Big Springs
You will be required to take a gondola ride to this location. The Lodge at Big Springs offers a variety of lunch options from grilled-to-order burgers and melts to fresh entrée salads, and more. Food is served at this exciting indoor and outdoor atmosphere for snow enthusiasts and summer thrill seekers. [750 Indoor Seats, 660 Outdoor Seats]
Summit Deck and Grill
You will be required to take a gondola and a chairlift to this location. The Summit Deck & Grille, located on top of Mt. Pluto just steps away from the tops of the Comstock and Backside lifts (elevation 8,610 feet), is open daily from 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. for breakfast and lunch. The Summit Deck and Grille is the perfect place to break for lunch, relax at the full service bar and take in the panoramic views of Lake Tahoe and the surrounding mountain peaks. Love the outdoors and barbecue? The Santa Maria Grille and the Smokin' Backside on the deck are just what your appetite is looking for. [325 Indoor Seats, 495 Outdoor Seats]
You will be required to take two (2) gondola rides to this location. Zephyr is centrally located on the mountain near the top of the Tahoe Zephyr Express lift, the newest on-mountain restaurant, the "Zephyr Lodge," features an open floor plan, large timbers and a huge window wall offering spectacular views of the Pacific Crest. Enjoy a variety of menu options including a Napa salad bar, gourmet pizza and specialty soups and sandwiches. The restaurant can be accessed by skiing or riding off of the Tahoe Zephyr Express, Backside Express, Promised Land Express or Comstock Express lifts. [500 Indoor Seats, 200 Outdoor Seats]
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125111
Tourism - Travel
4 months ago