Work for Vail Resorts
F&B Assistant Manager - One Ski Hill Place - Breckenridge, CO
Breckenridge, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Assistant Manager of F&B will be responsible, along with the F&B Manager, for the successful operation of One Ski Hill Place, Living Room, Banquets, and In Room Dining
Works with management team to meet budgetary goals
- Ensures the execution of quality, service, and cleanliness standards
- Ensures food safety procedures and guest relation policies/procedures are being executed
- Provides proper training and development for employees
- Ensures compliance with company operating policies and procedures
- Complete all administrative requirements and reports
- Prepares for and ensures the successful execution of banquet and conference events
- Responsible for all front of the house service, to include daily operations, interdepartmental communication, and recruitment and training of staff.
- Assist in drink and food menu development
- Work closely with the kitchen to ensure a high quality of food presentation and that the timing of the food is in a timely manner.
- Promote a positive work environment.
- Responsible for the guest satisfaction, upholding standards, and financial performance of the Living Room, In-room Dining, and banquet functions at One Ski Hill Place, A RockResort
- Responsible for scheduling, hiring, discipline of all food and beverage areas for OSHP Hospitality
- Ordering and inventory control of Restaurant food and beverage as applicable
- Product Management: effectively inventory, purchase, and manage all necessary resources to maintain and/or improve quality standards. Hold staff accountable to standards including TIPS alcohol procedures. Complete knowledge of F &B operations including bar service. Accountable for daily operation, production and security of facility, equipment, and company assets.
- Leadership Responsibility: lead by example. Participative management style with hands-on work ethic. Form cohesive team encompassing all staff members. Daily supervision of all staff members. Verbally communicate, in a calm, positive demeanor, during the course of all functions with the kitchen, service, beverage, conventions services, and engineering staffs, as well as the guest
Banquet Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Monitor staff performance; define performance requirements and develop action plans for achievement of goals.
- Supervise the set up of function rooms to include placement of linens, silver, china, and glassware according to banquet event order specifications. Visually inspect function rooms and equipment prior to functions for cleanliness, proper inventory, and set up.
- Verbally communicate in a calm, positive demeanor during the course of the function with the kitchen, service, beverage, conference services, and engineering staffs.
- Ensure timely execution of events, quality service, and adherence to all applicable federal, state, and local safety/health regulations and corporate standards.
- Supervise clean-up of function room and proper breakdown and storage of equipment.
- Enter billing information via computerized or manual system in order to generate a guest check.
- Process payroll which includes calculating number of hours worked and gratuity distribution every two weeks.
- Orders supplies and linens for functions from Purchasing.
- Attends meetings such as BEO, F&B
- Posts and distributes banquet event order sheets.
- Assists servers and captains with the execution of events according to the event order and Vail Resorts' brand standards.
- Check staff attendance according to schedules, adjust and reassign server stations, as necessary, in order to provide quality service during functions.
- College education preferred
- At least 3 years of Food and Beverage Experience, ideally in a casual dining or fine dining facility
- 2 years of management experience preferred
- TIPS, Servsafe certified preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Programs
- Familiar with Micros/POS systems preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Wine and liquor knowledge/experience preferred
If you’re hard working and feel exhilarated serving others, you’ll feel right at home in our authentic ski town and world-class mountain resort. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, we deliver an experience of a lifetime to every single guest that visits our mountain town. If you’re interested in moving mountains in your career, come work with us at Breckenridge where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125682
21 days ago