Work for Vail Resorts
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
As a Snowmaker, you will help to lay the groundwork for an epic ski season. You will be striving for quality, safety, and efficiency to ensure an exceptional experience for our guests. Snowmakers will also assist with day-to-day operations in the safe production of a suitable snow surface and will work as a team member while supervising other snowmakers. As a snowmaker, you will learn how to and be able to teach proper snow quality checks, snow gun adjustments, assembly and operation of all types of snow guns, and equipment placement on trails. In this job you will be working long hours, overnights and exposed to the elements. This important role is critical to getting the ski season up and running. Experienced snowmakers are required to have at least one year of snowmaking experience at a ski resort.
- Individuals who are passionate about the ski industry, and working outdoors
- Ability to work long hours, outdoors, overnights and exposed to the elements
- Must be able to Ski or Snowboard at an intermediate level or higher
- Previous experience handling heavy machinery and knowledge of tools and equipment
- English Proficiency
- Valid Driver’s License
- Able to work the entire snowmaking season, typically October – January.
- Experience in snowmaking a plus
- Flexibility is a must, shifts vary and can be overnight
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess at least 1 year snowmaking experience
- Must possess a High School diploma or equivalent
- Must possess valid Driver’s license and acceptable MVR(driving record)
- Must speak, read and write fluent English
- Must adhere to Beaver Creek’s policies (conduct, ethics, grooming, safety)
- Must be able to lift, pull, carry or drag 75lbs and stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to work weekend, holiday and overnight shifts
- Must safely operate company vehicles
- Must work well with others in a team environment
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Must be willing to perform menial duties as required
What’s in it for you?
- Free EPIC Pass to all of our resorts
- Discounted tickets to Arapahoe Basin
- Discounted lodging at our Rock Resort Properties starting at $85/night
- 50% off Colorado Mountain Express transportation
- Food and beverage discounts at mountain dining locations
- Health club discounts (vary by state and county)
- Retail discounts at Vail Resorts Retail stores
- 10-25% off at our Starbucks locations
- Unique events! Including concerts, employee meals, employee activities, pro competitions!
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127190
Tourism - Travel
3 months ago