Work for Vail Resorts
Experienced Ski Bootfitter - Kirkwood Mountain Sports Village Retail - Full Time & Part Time
Kirkwood, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Bootfitters provide excellent service to every guest in the retail sales store environment. Primarily responsible for assisting guests with boot fitting, also selection of other ski/snowboard equipment, apparel, head to toe outfitting, and custom boot services. Adv Bootfitters serve as the Lead in their department and will provide training, clinics, quality control, safety oversight to fellow bootfitters.
Job Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for assisting guests with boot selection, proper fit, stance, balancing, alignment and custom footbeds.
- Describes and promotes products in line with customers' expressed needs
- Places guests in properly fitting demo equipment
- Conducts inventory of demo equipment
- Performs in-depth boot analysis and work
- Demonstrates high level of product knowledge
- Prior experience, skills and training are required to perform successfully at this level
- Will train and clinic new and existing associate bootfitter positions
- Responsible for tracking boot client files, maintaining a clean and safe bootfitting lab work environment
- A minimum of four years of experience as a ski/snowboard bootfitter - required
- Maintain a working knowledge of products and trends within the industry
- Previous snow sport industry experience - required
- Ability to communicate fluently with co-workers and guests in accurate spoken and written English - required
- Commitment to exceptional customer service
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; including nights, holidays and weekends - required
As a Vail Resorts employee you get way more than a paycheck or even a ski pass. Our Total Rewards program gives employees access to some of the world’s most beautiful playgrounds and luxurious properties—and the goods to enjoy each of them to their fullest potential.
Some of the benefits include:
- Free ski pass to our world-class resorts
- Retail discounts at our stores
- Excellent training and professional development
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Kirkwood is for those that embrace the big mountain lifestyle and are as passionate about skiing and riding as they are about creating amazing experiences for our guests. Magical, raw, expansive and remote…Kirkwood is the stuff of legend. We’re famous for legendary snowfall, challenging inbounds terrain, backcountry guided tours and premier avalanche education programs. Those that come here come for an adventure unique to Kirkwood! Join our close-knit team working at one of the most stunning alpine resorts in the country. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127816
about 1 month ago