Work for Vail Resorts
Experienced Retail Supervisor - Smartwool
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Smartwool is currently searching for a qualified Seasonal Advanced Supervisor for our Vail location. Vail is the premier ski and snowboard destination for high-end clientele, we are looking for candidates that will offer the top notch customer service that our guests come to expect when visiting Vail Resorts.
Responsible for directing the day-to-day routine work of a larger group of associates, or is a key holder in a smaller store. Responsible for maintaining business standards and has increased decision making authority, acts as manager-on-duty in absence of other management presence. Also fulfills day-to-day work responsibilities for the organization as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Full fill manager-on-duty responsibilities when scheduled
- Assist in maintaining and administering operational expectations by following company policies and guidelines including; key & coded to store alarm
- Maintain and model high retail, merchandising and cleanliness standards as set forth by the Store and Regional Manager
- Assist Store Manager to ensure sales are generated while demonstrating and maintaining an enthusiastic and professional standard of guest service
- Maintain all company paperwork according to policies and standards
- Assist in on boarding and training of new employees in POS, product knowledge, guest service, and sales
- Assist Store Manager in communicating company values and goals to the employees Manage inventory control and meet or exceed inventory goals
- Enforce company cash handling and other Loss Prevention policies and procedures
- Remain current on new industry products and trends; demonstrate knowledge of products Communicate ideas or issues with the store manager
- Drive sales through direct communication with store employees to ensure customers are provided with the highest level of customer service, emphasizing courteous and knowledable assistance
- Model customer service for employees and promote sales whenever interacting with guests
- Walk the floor regularly to manage the floor for daily MOD responsibilities
- Motivate employees to increase sales, units per transaction and transaction size in day to day sales Communicate with with Store Manager to ensure smooth busines operations
- Ensure that all safety standards are being observed at all times
- Demonstrate and enforce company values and ethics
- HS Diploma or GED Equivalent Work Experience:
- At least 1 year relevant work experience required
- At least 1 year supervisory experience required
- Basic computer skills with ability to learn Language(s) Skill:
- English fluency Other Requirements
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; stores are open 7 days a week and hours vary depending upon location, season, and type of store Preferred Skills:
- Familiarity with rental and retail POS systems preferred
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127648
about 1 month ago