Work for Vail Resorts
Experienced Retail Supervisor - Patagonia - Vail Village - Winter Seasonal
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Supervisors are responsible for assisting in the management of the sales, staff, and operational and merchandising functions of the store to attain maximum profitability, productivity, and a world - class guest experience.
Job Requirement (but are not limited to):
- Greet guests with a welcoming, friendly, and outgoing attitude.
- Serve customers by establishing rapport, building customer confidence, providing accurate information, and promoting product through point of successful sale.
- Generate retail sales, demonstrating service-oriented sales technique. Approach and re-approach guests to maximize sales potential.
- Create a rewarding environment in which to work, generate a team atmosphere.
- Assist in employee training of POS, product knowledge, guest service, and sales generation.
- Provide leadership to sales associates on the sales floor.
- Open and close the store with accountability as a key holder and with cash management.
- Assist the store management team in communicating company values and goals to the employees.
- Assist the store management team in monitoring and controlling a daily payroll budget.
- Manage inventory control and make inventory suggestions to maximize sales.
- Remain current on new industry products and trends; demonstrate knowledge of products.
- Protect company assets through loss prevention techniques.
- Maintain all company paperwork according to policies and standards
- Commitment to exceptional customer service
- Ability to connect with guests with an outgoing, friendly attitude
- Team-oriented and responsible
- 2 years of retail experience, preferably within the outdoor industry
- Supervisory or leadership experience - preferred
- Familiarity with Patagonia company and product - preferred
- Avid outdoorsperson with an understanding of the technical requirement for quality backcountry clothing - preferred
- Maintain a working knowledge of products and trends within the outdoor industry
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate fluently with co-workers and guests in accurate spoken and written English - required
- Basic computer skills - required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; including nights, holidays, and weekends - required
Some of the benefits include:
- Retail discounts at our stores
- Free ski and snowboard pass to our world-class resorts
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Excellent training and professional development
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126135
4 months ago