Work for Vail Resorts
Experienced Retail Supervisor - Kirkwood Mountain Sports
Kirkwood, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Job Summary: The supervisor is responsible for directing the day-to-day routine work of a larger group of associates, or is a key holder in a smaller store. Responsible for maintaining business standards and has increased decision making authority and acts as manager-on-duty in absence of other management presence. Also, the supervisor fulfills day-to-day work responsibilities for the organization as needed.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Generate rental and retail sales, and demonstrate and maintain a professional standard of guest service
- Assist the Store Manager in maintaining an enthusiastic and professional standard of guest service
- Provide resources so that employees are properly trained in rentals, POS, product knowledge, guest service, and sales generation
- Assist the Store Manager in communicating company values and goals to the employees
- Assist the Store Manager in monitoring and controlling a daily payroll budget
- Manage inventory control and meet or exceed inventory goals
- Remain current on new industry products and trends; demonstrate knowledge of products
- Protect company assets through loss prevention techniques
- Create a rewarding environment in which to work, generate a team atmosphere
- 2 years of retail experience, preferably within the outdoor industry - required
- Ability to communicate fluently with co-workers and guests in accurate spoken and written English - required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products; Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint - required
- Commitment to providing exceptional customer service to our guests
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; including nights, holidays and weekends - required
- Supervisory experience - preferred
- Snowsports background - preferred
As a Vail Resorts employee you get way more than a paycheck or even a ski pass. Our Total Rewards program gives employees access to some of the world’s most beautiful playgrounds and luxurious properties—and the goods to enjoy each of them to their fullest potential.
Some of the benefits include:
- Ski and snowboard pass to our world-class resorts
- Employee discounts at our retail stores
- Excellent training and professional development
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Kirkwood is for those that embrace the big mountain lifestyle and are as passionate about skiing and riding as they are about creating amazing experiences for our guests. Magical, raw, expansive and remote…Kirkwood is the stuff of legend. We’re famous for legendary snowfall, challenging inbounds terrain, backcountry guided tours and premier avalanche education programs. Those that come here come for an adventure unique to Kirkwood! Join our close-knit team working at one of the most stunning alpine resorts in the country. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127820
16 days ago