Work for Vail Resorts
Executive Sous Chef, The Arrabelle
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Responsible for ensuring that all Resort guests have the highest quality culinary experience possible while maintaining a profitable Food & Beverage Division. Oversees all aspects of the culinary function to include; general main kitchen facility management, banquets, garde manger, pastry department, house production, special events, employee meals and assisting with restaurant outlets as needed. Serves as liason and support to the purchasing department. Also oversees the Stewarding department within the given scope of the main Kitchen and it's subsidiary spaces, and any contract kitchen labor.
- Executive Sous Chef is responsible for operations of the hotel culinary departments and kitchens with a direct and primary focus and responsibility for the main kitchen and it's outlets.
- Supervises all kitchen employees, managers and all kitchen activities within the given scope, including stewarding and managing to brand standards at all times.
- The Executive Sous Chef will assist the Executive Chef in all areas of menu development and food related operations as requested.
- Responsible for maintaining consistent high quality of all kitchen production at all times to appropriate levels, responsible for monitoring production levels of all stocks and sauces, butchery and mis en place for any and all stations in The main kitchen; banquets, EDR and house production.
- Capable of creating a motivational atmosphere globally, throughout all outlets, and a cohesive culinary/kitchen team.
- Exhibits a professional demeanor through appearance and by maintaining a positive attitude toward all employees and guests at all times.
- Directly participates in daily production, capable of managing multiple projects effortlessly and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for selection, training, supervision, scheduling of all culinary dept. personel, including managing timely HR documentation.
- Oversees all aspects of Stewarding department in the main kitchen, including breakage control procedures, also responsible for the quantity, care and condition of plates, bowls and all food service vesselsResponsible for keeping the kitchen, kitchen storage facilities, coolers and kitchen equipment clean and in good operating condition, create special cleaning task schedule, implement and supervise its completion.
- Oversee proper use and storage of cleaning supplies and chemicals. Responsible for providing for total maintenance and sanitation in all food production and service areas, including staff food safety education.
- Responsible for overseeing and purchasing of all products up to and including foodstuff, chemicals, sundries, linen, uniforms and kitchen equipment. Orders and controls food storage and pars in unison with the operation and in tandem with the Purchasing Manager.
- Stays up to date regarding culinary trends and cultivates creativity among the culinary team.
- Capable of managing multiple levels of skillsets to achieve an effective stratagy to deliver appropriate levels of product, correctly and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for controlling food and labor costs through proactive planning, scheduling and purchasing.
- Responsible for keeping the kitchen, kitchen storage facilities, coolers and kitchen equipment clean and in good operating condition, communicates any mechanical problems as needed.
- Training, cross training and development of staff. Including, proper use of equipment. Monitoring and stimulating outlet chefs, continued training, special projects and development.
- Attend operations meetings and daily line up meetings.
- Monitors punctuality, attendance, staff appearance, quality of uniforms.
- Oversees the compliance of state health regulations in the safe handling, storage and service of all food items.
- Responsible for conducting line inspections and weekly audits, as well as management of temp logs.
- Assist and attend monthly culinary and stewarding divisional meetings, in concert with Exec Sous Chef and Executive Chef, to include agenda and minutes.
- Responsible for after function break down, dissemination and recovery of leftover foods.
- Responsible for thorough communication with Banquet manager, Catering and Pastry chef.
- Oversees requisition of kitchen management support according to needs. Also responsible for staff coordination for banquet live stations.
- Responsible for developing menus for Clients, Catering, Banquets and special functions.
Direct reports: 30-40 Chefs, Cooks, Steards and supprt staff.
Frenqent contact: Tavern, Catering, Managers, Guests, Corporate Offices, Director of Operations
Education: Culinary degree/Certificate or comesurate experience.
Experience: 5-10 years in management
Serve Safe Certification
High level computer proficiency required for: Office, Coupa, People Soft, Success factors
English necessary/Spanish recomended
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127355
6 months ago