Work for Vail Resorts
Executive Chef - Zach's Cabin and Red Sky Ranch
Avon, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Beaver Creek is looking for its next culinary leader, the Executive Chef for Zach's Cabin and the Silver Sage Restaurant at Red Sky Ranch! Zach's Cabin is perched on the mountainside high above Bachelor Gulch, it is hard to compare to any other restaurant. The cuisine is American with a distinctly Pacific flavor. Fresh Colorado produce is a favorite here! The setting is deliciously elegant, a fairy-tale ending to a starlit sleigh ride. The Silver Sage Restaurant at our Red Sky Ranch Golf Club is a fine dining location for golfers at one of Colorado's most highly regarded courses.
The successful candidate will be able to manage all aspects of these two kitchens under the supervision of the General Manager, subject to the corporate policy and procedure manual. They will assure constant and consistent maximum guest satisfaction through the smooth and efficient operation of the kitchen and associated duties.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Prepare, produce, and present outstanding quality cuisine in a timely manner through effective management of staff and kitchen operations.
- Develop, manage and communicate all menus to staff, other pertinent departments and marketing/advertising staff.
- Ensure maximum guest satisfaction in food quality and expedite special requests.
- Coordinate ordering and availability of product, supplies and equipment with warehouse clerk, sous chef, supervisors and managers utilizing Vail Resorts perfered vendors using Coupa purchasing system corrrectly while maintenaning budgeted cost of sales.
- Perform daily and monthly inventory of all product with a concentration on food.
- Perform costing and control for all menu items.
- Ensure kitchen safety and sanitation through supervision of food preparation/production, proper condition/cleanliness of kitchen equipment, use of cleaning chemicals and maintenance of Haz Mat MSDS book.
- Train all employees food handling practices and test them once a year.
- Achieve and maintain proper and budgeted staffing levels through effective hiring and scheduling of staff.
- Establish and maintain a successful and positive working environment through proper training, discipline and support of all kitchen staff.
- Supervise and evaluate staff to ensure employee performance guidelines are met.
- Development, management, communication and adherence of staff to departmental and Company policies and procedures.
- Extensive and creative menu development while maintaining signature items and the restaurant’s “brand promise”.
- Lead by example! This position will require frequent training/cooking on the line with staff.
- Be open and responsive to member and guest menu requests and create a positive culture within the operation to embrace this philosophy.
- Be outgoing and willing to go in to the dining room to talk with members and guests and to make appearances at local food festivals and on TV8. Other duties as assigned.
- Associates or Bachelors degree in Culinary Arts or Sciences or equivalent professional restaurant experience including a formal apprenticeship in an accredited restaurant.
- Experience as a chef in professional restaurants. - At least 5 years
- Management experience in a fine dining and/or club restaurant required. - At least 5 years.
- Must obtain or have valid Colorado driver's license upon employment.
- Computer knowledge
- Awareness of current Haz Mat and sanitation guidelines.
- Current sanitation certificate.
- Knowledge of the Spanish language - highly preferred
- Excellent communicator; ability to teach staff in a kitchen environment; flexibility and adaptability
- Past experience in club environment.
- Prior experience with demonstration cooking and/or speaking in public
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127675
Tourism - Travel
3 months ago