Work for Vail Resorts
Executive Chef - Tamarack Lodge - Heavenly
South Lake Tahoe, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Job Summary: The Executive Chef is responsible for all culinary operations including menu creation, menu planning, purchasing, accounting, and cost control. Also responsible for scheduling, policy implementation, employee training, retention, health department policies and procedures, as well as internal health and safety controls. Works in conjunction with the General Manager, Assistant Managers, and Advanced Cooks to provide and maintain quality food service and impeccable guest service in all facets of the operation.
Additional responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Adhere to all food safety and health department guidelines for food production and storage.
- To hire, schedule, retain, and separate employees with the help of the General Manager while keeping labor cost within budget.
- To conduct and process accurate inventories of food and supplies in the allotted time monthly.
- Supervise all kitchen staff in the proper preparation, presentation, and service of product served.
- Develop menus and recipes that match our guests’ needs and that retain our resorts creativity.
- Purchase, receive, and stock all food products and rotate stock as needed. Give clear instruction to the night operations team to facilitate your plan.
- Maintain costs through purchasing practices, proper costing of menu items and minimizing product loss.
- Learn, train, and facilitate the Coupa ordering/inventory system.
- To maintain a safe working environment by adhering to health and safety policies, internal and external, and conducting regular safety talks with staff.
- Direct kitchen staff in maintaining all kitchen and storage areas in a clean and orderly condition.
- Must be able to communicate and handle personnel issues and concerns.
- Expedites all food items being served.
- Ensures that all kitchen equipment is maintained and in proper working condition.
- Must be knowledgeable of all facility opening and closing procedures.
- Other duties as assigned meet service level objectives and department goals as set forth by immediate supervisor.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and culinary degree or equivalent. ServSafe up to date.
- 7 years restaurant experience.
- Minimum 5 years supervising 10 or more people.
- Minimum 5 years cooking experience in professional kitchen.
- Able to lift 50 lbs. or more in certain situations.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time, and to perform strenuous physical labor in inclement weather conditions.
- Flexible working hours, including working holidays and weekends.
If you want to work for a different kind of ski resort, you’ve found your perfect match at Heavenly. With a massive mountain full of off-the-grid terrain and incredible views of Lake Tahoe, Heavenly is for those who want to go big and forge their own path. From on-mountain concerts to world-famous après ski parties and a one-of-a-kind DJ CAT, Heavenly exudes high-energy from first chair to last call. Come be a part of the team committed to delivering a refreshingly unique ski experience. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 124492
Tourism - Travel
5 months ago