Work for Vail Resorts
Executive Chef - Bighorn Bistro & Bar
Keystone, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Chef at the Keystone Lodge & Spa is responsible for all culinary operations for Keystone Lodge Bighorn Bistro and Bar, Banquets and Room Service. Duties include menu development, food and labor costs, managing kitchen staff, and maintaining Vail Resorts brand standards. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creates new, innovative, and cost effective menus for each season and special functions.
- Follow Keystone Conference Service banquet guidelines.
- Responsible for scheduling, staffing, and controlling food and labor costs, while providing the experience of a lifetime to our guests and employees.
- Create a positive team atmosphere with emphasis on learning, instruction, and education of staff to our standards and those of the CMC Culinary Program.
- Culinary Program - teach, assist, and coach culinary students in their pursuit of a degree. Previous teaching experience preferred. This program works closely with our local culinary program and will require teaching, mentoring, and grading of projects and skill sets.
- Create a team atmosphere and lead by positive example encompassing the Vail Resorts Core Values.
- Follow Vail Resorts Brand Standards.
- Proficiency in Coupa purchasing system, PeopleSoft and MS Office preferred, or willing and able to learn upon hire.
- Strong knowledge of food safety guidelines
- Be able to work long hours under stress
- Excellent communication, organizational and teamwork skills
- A flexible schedule including weekends, holidays, late nights
- Be able to lift to up to 50lbs in a constant basis
- 2 years previous supervisory experience
- 5 years culinary experience is required preferably in hotel fine dine and banquet establishment
- Be able to stand for long periods of time of up to six hours
- Culinary Degree is strongly preferred
We’re looking for team members who are passionate about their work and the world around them, who take pride in ensuring our guests receive the best possible service, and who bring a sense of self and fun to all they do. Life at 9,280 feet in the sky is a little different. With our crisp Rocky Mountain air and vast options for adventure and exploring, you can join a community who loves where they live and love what they do. Keystone will be your home away from home, with its warmth, friendliness and unequaled eye for detail. Come join our team – where A Mountain of Possibilities awaits. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126937
6 months ago