Work for Vail Resorts
EpicMix Intermediate Photographer - Winter Seasonal - Beaver Creek, CO
Avon, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
EpicMix Intermediate Photographer
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Follow all company and department safety procedures
- Capture highest quality and expected quantity of photographs and photo sessions following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to ensure quality standards and department goals are being met
- Solid understanding of basic photographic concepts of proper exposure, proper focus; able to operate and adjust a DSLR accordingly
- Comfortable working with a DSLR camera and tethered minicomputer and scanner
- Willing and able to work outdoors in all weather conditions that one would experience in the alpine environment of the resorts in winter
- Provide a high level of proactive guest service in all guest interactions
- Travel to various mountain locations requiring level 7 ski or snowboard skills. This position skis or snowboards as a means of transportation only.
- Provide assistance in sales locations
· Photography Experience 1 year in a professional setting
· Prefer one semester of school photography classes and or practical professional experience
· 1 year guest relations experience
· Cash handling experience
· Previous retail sales and or customer service experience
- As an Intermediate EpicMix photographer you will be taking photographs for thousands of guests. The Images you take will be sent directly online and into the guests EpicMix account where they will be available for purchase and sharing. EpicMix photographers will be assigned to different locations (zones) on and off the mountain.
- Intermediate photographers must possess the skill sets of the entry level photographer. Must be able to demonstrate working knowledge of camera settings as they relate to different image concepts and issues. IE, under and over exposure, depth of field, and focus vs. camera shake. Should have practical experience in portraiture, preferably ski portraits, event or action photography and have an advanced level of photographic knowledge. Intermediate photographers will be expected to learn and demonstrate good formal ski poses, and well shot candids. Intermediate photographers will be expected to assist with the ongoing training of all photographers, including image review, formal posing and image composition. Intermediate photographers should be comfortable trouble shooting basic photo “kit” issues. As an Intermediate level photographer, and most experienced persons in a given area, you are expected to know and control your photo zones as well; “Own the Zone.” This includes: ensuring the zone is safe and escalating any and all safety concerns to a supervisor immediately; ensuring the zone is adequately covered at all times; assist with coordinating lunch breaks and rest breaks; ensuring guest service, sign placement and uniform standards are all met; troubleshoot technical issues.
- Intermediate Photographers must be role models for the team, leading by example every day with a positive and outgoing attitude.
- Photographers must be comfortable standing outside for long periods of time, proactively greeting and approaching guests. You will be responsible for accurately scanning guest passes for the purpose of tracking images, then composing and shooting candid photos as well as more formal family ski portraits and action shots. Once the photos are taken, you must be able to clearly communicate the photo viewing and purchasing process to every guest that was photographed You will also be responsible for meeting certain photo quality and quantity expectations as set by the EpicMix Director and Steering Committee and directed by the EpicMix Photo Manager.
- Most importantly, EpicMix photographers must be passionate about photography, passionate about working with people, and take pride in capturing and delivering the highest quality images possible.
- High school education or equivalent
- Basic computer skills
- Must have the ability to communicate fluently (written and oral) in English
- Excellent guest service skills
- Must be outgoing and engaging
- Ability to stand up to 6 hours during shift
- Must be able to work weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to lift 40+ lbs
- Must be able to commit to scheduled hours and dates
- Working knowledge of camera settings and how to correct common photographic issues such as out of focus, over and under exposure.
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127660
Tourism - Travel
4 months ago