Work for Vail Resorts
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Environmental Attendant - Full Time, Winter Seasonal - Vail, CO
The Environmental Department is looking for a motivated individual to join our team, and help us follow through on our dedication to preserving our unrivaled mountain environment.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- The Entry Environmental position will assist in coordinating and implementing the Vail Mountain waste and recycling program.
- Will handle, sort, and transport large quantities of recyclable materials from the ski area operations to staging areas, and to the Eagle County Recycling Facility.
- Will repair, clean, and maintain recycling receptacles throughout the year.
- Will assist other departments with trash removal in all base areas. Must exhibit agility driving oversize trucks and be comfortable operating vehicles in tight areas such as loading docks, parking lots, etc.
- Will monitor guest facing recycling receptacles and provide recycling service and or Zero Waste service for special events at Vail Mountain.
- Will provide education regarding recycling program and Environmental initiatives to guests and employees on a regular basis.
- Candidates must be able to work independently and prioritize workload successfully.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must provide exceptional internal and external customer service.
- Work with other departments such as base operations, mountain services, and security to build and maintain cohesive working relationships
- Valid driver's license - required.
- Able to work outside in all weather conditions - required.
- Able to perform manual labor, lift 50 lbs, and handle or move 100lbs - required.
- Positive work ethic - required.
- Strong environmental background - required.
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127814
Tourism - Travel
4 months ago