Work for Vail Resorts
Entry Snowmaking - Seasonal - Wilmot, WI
Wilmot, WI, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Share your passion! The Snowmaker will share his/her contagious enthusiasm for the sport and be able to ignite that passion in both guests and employees. He/She is responsible for producing a high quality snow experience at Wilmot Mountain. This position is a labor intensive position responsible for learning snowmaking logistics. Snowmakers must be able to safely operate snowmaking equipment in adverse conditions at all hours of the day. This person will also be responsible for safely operating a snowmobile, learning proper snow gun procedures and be able to check the snow quality to ensure the highest standards are met for Wilmot Mountain. Daily responsibilities include setting up and operating snow guns, transporting mobile snow guns, adjusting machines based on weather and wind conditions. The Snowmaking Department will provide exceptional guest service and work outdoors in all weather conditions.
• Provide a safe and quality snow experience to guests of all ages and skiing/riding abilities
• Perform snow quality checks
• Set up, assemble and operate multiple types of snow guns
• Adhere to all snowmaking policies, safety guidelines and best practice procedures at all times.
• Assist crew lead in set up, operation, and breakdown of snowmaking guns and hoses.
• Support the snowmaking team in ensuring the highest quality of manmade snow for Wilmot Mountain.
• Perform safe and efficient operation of trucks, snowmobiles and a variety of other snowmaking equipment.
• Actively recognize and mitigate hazards
• Maintain a safe work environment
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Current, Valid Driver’s License
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be able to handle exposure to inclement weather; bending, lifting and squatting
• Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs
Help create history at Wilmot Mountain as Vail Resorts bridges 75 years of skiing tradition with new state-of-the-art lifts, snowmaking, renovated lodges, and terrain parks, all while honoring the important legacy of the ski area. Be a part of the tremendous Wilmot Mountain brand recognized widely among Chicago and Milwaukee skiers and snowboarders, and also part of the Vail Resorts’ family that’s passionate about providing world-class experiences at every property. Wilmot Mountain truly is where Epic begins for skiers of all levels and can be where your epic career begins, too.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Tourism - Travel
6 months ago