Work for Vail Resorts
Entry: Snowmaking - Full Time
Afton Alps, MN, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Entry Snowmaker is responsible for learning snowmaking logistics and be able to safely operate snowmaking equipment in adverse conditions at all hours of the day. This person will also be responsible for safely operating a snowmobile, learn proper snow gun procedures and be able to check the snow quality to ensure the highest standards are met for Vail Mountain.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Adheres to all snowmaking policies, safety guidelines and best practice procedures at all times.
- Assist crew lead in set up, operation, and breakdown of snowmaking guns and hoses.
- Support the snowmaking team in ensuring the highest quality of manmade snow for Vail Mountain.
- Ability to work any shift including day, night and swing shifts.
- Safe and efficient operation of trucks, snowmobiles and a variety of other snowmaking equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent - required.
- Valid Drivers License - required.
- Must be able to read, write and understand English - required.
- Must ski or snowboard at a intermediate level or higher - required.
- Snowmaking, ski area operation, operate a snowmobile - required.
Create incredible experiences for guests at the Midwest’s premier winter destination. In the scenic St. Croix River Valley, this big-time resort with a small town feel has converted thousands of first-timers into lifelong skiers and riders. This truly is where Epic begins for skiers of all levels and can be where your epic career begins, too. Become part of the Afton Alps family. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126912
Tourism - Travel
3 months ago