Work for Vail Resorts
Entry Ski Patrol - Kirkwood
Kirkwood, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervising and promoting guest safety on varied terrain in high altitude, with varying winter weather conditions
- Assisting injured guests on the mountain and administering first aid
- Transporting injured guests off the mountain using a toboggan or supporting air lift operations
- Performing sweeps at the end of the day to ensure that all guests are safely off the mountain
- Maintaining trails, such as removing trees that have fallen on runs utilizing a chainsaw or other equipment
Hazard identification and marking of natural and man made features
- Working with an established avalanche dog program
- Transporting and setting up mountain safety equipment
- Transporting supplies and heavy equipment to areas of need, on skis
- Snow Safety including safely transporting and placing explosives on the mountain and stabilizing snow pack and cornice edges on skis
- Driving snowmobiles to various areas of the mountain, as needed
- Enforcement of the Skier Responsibility Code and Resort Policies
- Chairlift and guest evacuation
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have excellent guest service skills
- Must work well in a team
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment
- Must have manual dexterity to operate equipment
- Must successfully completed the Fit to Ride fitness assessment program
- Must have sight, speech, and hearing abilities sufficient to learn skills, follow and provide directions
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends
- High school diploma or GED required; and possession of a current California Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification OR National Ski Patrol Outdoor Emergency Care (OEC) required OR First Responder. National registry EMT accepted.
- Must be an expert level skier, capable of skiing all types of terrain under all weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds or more
- Previous patrol or experience at a Vail Resorts® mountain resort Preferred
- Resort Certified in Bloodbourne Pathogens training program, Hepatitis B Vaccination. Resort Certification for any used equipment.
Kirkwood is for those that embrace the big mountain lifestyle and are as passionate about skiing and riding as they are about creating amazing experiences for our guests. Magical, raw, expansive and remote…Kirkwood is the stuff of legend. We’re famous for legendary snowfall, challenging inbounds terrain, backcountry guided tours and premier avalanche education programs. Those that come here come for an adventure unique to Kirkwood! Join our close-knit team working at one of the most stunning alpine resorts in the country. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 123953
Tourism - Travel
3 months ago