Work for Vail Resorts
Entry Ski Patrol
Truckee, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Ski Patrol is responsible for performing guest service functions such as accident handling, administering first aid, trail maintenance, promoting and creating a safe environment for guests and employees, mountain sweeps, lift evacuation and explosives handling. No Part Time positions available.
- Supervising and promoting guest safety on varied terrain in high altitude, with varying winter weather conditions
- Assisting injured guests on the mountain and administering first aid
- Transporting injured guests off the mountain using a toboggan or supporting air lift operations
- Performing sweeps at the end of the day to ensure that all guests are safely off the mountain
- Maintaining trails, such as removing debri and marking hazards
- Transporting and setting up mountain safety equipment
- Transporting supplies and heavy equipment to areas of need, on skis or snowboard
- Avalanche control including safely transporting and placing explosives on the mountain and stabilizing snow pack and cornice edges on skis
- Enforcement of the Skier Responsibility Code and Resort Policies
- Chairlift and Gondola guest evacuation
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have excellent guest service skills
- Must work well in a team
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment
- Must have manual dexterity to operate equipment
- Must have sight, speech, and hearing abilities sufficient to learn skills, follow and provide directions
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends
- High school diploma or GED required; and possession of a current California Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification OR National Ski Patrol Outdoor Emergency Care (OEC) required. National registry EMT accepted. We will be hosting an OEC class this season so feel free to appy if you don't currently have a medical cert.
- Previous patrol or experience at a Vail Resorts® mountain resort Preferred
- Must be an advanced/expert level skier/snowboarder, capable of skiing all types of terrain under all weather conditions. Must pass a PSIA level 8 ski check with resort Ski and Ride School.
- Resort Certified in Bloodbourne Pathogens training program, Hepatitis B Vaccination. Resort Certification for any used equipment. Wilderness Emergency Certification a plus.
- The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 123299
Tourism - Travel
6 months ago