Work for Vail Resorts
Entry: Race Crew - Part Time
Afton Alps, MN, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The race crew position is seasonal running from November to April.
Repsonsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Perform daily set-up and maintenance of race facilities.
- Operate timing system, announcing and recording racer's times.
- Work with other staff and departments to promote a positive guest experience.
- Provide assistance with event venue set-up, as needed.
- Setting and maintaining daily race courses.
- Race venue construction - Includes, installing fence, tents, banners, cabling, etc.
- Maintain race facilities to ensure safety of all guests and staff.
- Shovel and rake starts and decks to maintain snow levels and a safe environment for guests and staff.
- Fence/barrier maintenance, trash and snow removal at race facilities.
- Provide a great guest experience
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be at least 18 - required.
- Ability to lift up to and sometimes more than 50lbs - required.
- Ability to be outside in all weather conditions for 8+ hours per day - required.
- Ability to work with power tools (cordless drills, saws, etc.) - preferred.
- Basic computer navigation skills and ability to use Windows-based programs - required.
- Facility cleaning duties at least one time per week - required.
- Advanced skiing/riding ability - required.
- Racing background - preferred
- Must have a flexible schedule able to work weekends, evenings and holidays - required.
Create incredible experiences for guests at the Midwest’s premier winter destination. In the scenic St. Croix River Valley, this big-time resort with a small town feel has converted thousands of first-timers into lifelong skiers and riders. This truly is where Epic begins for skiers of all levels and can be where your epic career begins, too. Become part of the Afton Alps family. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125352
Tourism - Travel
15 days ago