Work for Vail Resorts
Entry: Race Coach - Seasonal - Wilmot, WI
Wilmot, WI, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Share your passion! Entry: Race Coach will have deep enthusiasm for the sport, allowing him/her to provide exceptional training and racing experience to our participants. With a constant eye towards safety and a teaching-strategy centered around fun, our coaches will build lasting relationships with our guests. From beginner to advanced, our team works to ensure participants get the most out of their seasons with us.
• Provide quality ski race instruction to groups and individuals
• Create a fun environment that is conducive to learning by employing a variety of appropriate teaching strategies.
• Encourage student enthusiasm for skiing / riding, the learning process, and the further development of good skiing / riding skills
• Uphold the highest levesl of guest safety on varied terrain with varying winter weather conditions
• Follow The Resort’s etiquette guidelines while interacting with guests and respond to all guests in a courteous, professional manner. Maintain positive relations with students, parents, visitors, and general public at all times.
• Attend all required training, safety and other meetings, required both by the department and company.
• Demonstrate a commitment to improving personal skiing / riding and teaching abilities through attendance of supplementary training.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Previous racing and/or coaching experience
• Must be able to complete required training upon hire
• Must be able to handle exposure to inclement weather; bending, lifting and squatting
• Physical ability to respond appropriately to emergency and other unplanned situations
• Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays
• Must have Customer Service Skills
• Must have Communication Skills
Help create history at Wilmot Mountain as Vail Resorts bridges 75 years of skiing tradition with new state-of-the-art lifts, snowmaking, renovated lodges, and terrain parks, all while honoring the important legacy of the ski area. Be a part of the tremendous Wilmot Mountain brand recognized widely among Chicago and Milwaukee skiers and snowboarders, and also part of the Vail Resorts’ family that’s passionate about providing world-class experiences at every property. Wilmot Mountain truly is where Epic begins for skiers of all levels and can be where your epic career begins, too.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Tourism - Travel
about 1 month ago