Work for Vail Resorts
Entry: Product Sales - Part Time/Full Time
Afton Alps, MN, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Product Sales Agent is a part of the Product Sales & Services (PSS) Department and will be responsible for selling tickets, season passes, and fulfilling pre-purchased sales orders on the front line at Afton Alps ticket office locations. This position requires a full knowledge of our products and services and is responsible for collecting guest information. As a PSS Agent, you will receive a high level of guest interaction and will be the face of Afton Alps! We are looking for guest service oriented individuals who are positive, outgoing, operate with a high level of computer proficiency, have a passion for the outdoors, are well disciplined, and take pride in their work.
This position can be located at any of the following locations:
- Guest Services (5 locations) - These locations primarily sell daily tickets and season passes. It is also an acting guest service and information center. Candidates should have the ability to retain a significant amount of information.
- Administrative Office - This location sells all of the Afton Alps product line. It is also the central communication center for entire area. Candidates should have a great ability to retain product knowledge. A high level of detail and ability to process complex transactions is preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Accurately and efficiently process lift access products while capturing guest data
- Ask the guest for their data with every transaction
- Ability to learn, understand and effectively communicate with the guest about multiple product types and can easily adapt to changing pricing and product offerings.
- Make suitable recommendations on products to meet the guests’ needs and the business objectives.
- Ability to handle high volumes of customer interaction while delivering exceptional service; internal & external
- Creating a fun and professional work experience while communicating in a courteous and respectful manner
- Professionally assist and follow through with resolution of guest complaints; handle concerns and suggestions
- Perform daily sales and closing and be held responsible for your end of day point of sale audit
- Work on a computer with a high degree of accuracy and efficient speed
- Must be able to interact with guest and work on a computer at the same time
- Follow company/department policies and procedures
- Participate in resort and departmental trainings and development courses.
- Willing to cross-train and work in all areas/locations of PSS
- Take initiative to perform duties which facilitate operations and maintain cleanliness of your work area while paying attention to detail
- Scheduling includes the ability to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Perform other duties as appropriate
- High school diploma or equivalent - preferred
- Proficient on Microsoft applications and/or POS software
- Ability to communicate fluently and effectively in English
- Typing skills with an emphasis on data collection
- Ability to answer questions and speak intelligently about all resort products
- Fun, outgoing personality traits
- Take timeliness and deliverable tasks seriously
- Ability to develop a quick rapport with clients
- Ability to stay calm in busy and stressful situations
- Prior experience with (resort) POS software
- Experienced and/or conversational in a foreign language
- Previous guest service experience
- College Degree
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Cash handling experience
- Outdoor Enthusiasts
Candidates will be placed in the appropriate position based upon their experience level.
Learn more about:
Afton Alps – http://www.aftonalps.com/
Create incredible experiences for guests at the Midwest’s premier winter destination. In the scenic St. Croix River Valley, this big-time resort with a small town feel has converted thousands of first-timers into lifelong skiers and riders. This truly is where Epic begins for skiers of all levels and can be where your epic career begins, too. Become part of the Afton Alps family. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125331
Tourism - Travel
4 months ago