Work for Vail Resorts
Entry Photographer - EpicMix - FT & PT
Truckee, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
As an EpicMix photographer you will be taking photographs capturing the Experience of a Lifetime for thousands of guests. The Images you take will be sent directly online and into the guests EpicMix account where they will be available for purchase and sharing. EpicMix photographers will be assigned to different locations (zones) on and off the mountain and expected to work in all temperatures and weather conditions indicative of the winter alpine environment of the resort.
We are looking for responsible and outgoing people to take on the role as EpicMix Photographers. You will be on the front line interacting with hundreds of guests daily. In addition to taking photographs you are expected to provide the highest level of guest service and friendly interaction at all times.
Photographers must be comfortable standing outside for long periods of time proactively greeting and approaching guests with the intent of offering our professional photographic services. You will be responsible for accurately scanning guest passes for the purpose of tracking images, then composing and shooting candid photos as well as more formal family ski portraits and action shots. Once the photos are taken, you must be able to clearly communicate the photo viewing, sharing and purchasing process to every guest that was photographed. You will also be responsible for meeting certain photo quality and quantity expectations as set by the EpicMix Director and Steering Committee and directed by the EpicMix Photo Manager.
Previous photography experience is NOT required; however, you should have passion for photography, at least a rudimentary understanding of the basic photographic concepts of exposure, focus, and composition. Photographers should be comfortable handing and using a DSLR Camera, tethered computer and scanner. If you excel in the customer service realm, you may be able to elevate your sales skills in one or our direct sales locations.
Most importantly, EpicMix photographers must be passionate about working with people, passionate about photography, and take pride in capturing the highest quality images possible while displaying genuine enthusiasm amongst our guests and your team. This is a highly desired position; stand out by letting us know why you would be the best fit for the job.
Watch our video, “A Day in the life of an EpicMix Photographer.” https://vimeo.com/151527210
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Follow all company and department safety procedures
- Capture high quality and expected quantity of photographs and photo sessions, following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to ensure quality standards and department goals are being met
- Understand basic photographic concepts of proper exposure, proper focus
- Comfortable working with a DSLR camera and tethered computer and scanner
- Willing and able to work outdoors in all weather conditions that one would experience in the alpine environment of the resorts in winter
- Provide a high level of proactive guest service in all guest interactions
- This position does not ski or snowboard to/from locations
- Generate revenue in sales locations
- Photograph, print and sell, ski school kids photos, following specific kids program standards
- Provide assistance with any photo operation related tasks, including but not limited to; equipment care & maintenance, photo back up and review
- Excellent guest service skills
- High school education or equivalent
- Basic computer skills
- Must have the ability to communicate fluently (written and oral) in English
- Must be able and willing to work outdoors in variable weather conditions indicative of the High Alpine environment in the winter
- Ability to stand up to 6 hours during shift
- Must be able to work weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to work the full winter season
- Must be able to lift 40+ lbs
- Must be able to commit to scheduled hours and dates
- Successful completion of a background check
- Must provide an attached Resume
- Must be able to secure your own housing
- Experience working in a team environment
- Basic understanding of photography concepts
- Comfortable working with a DSLR camera
- Retail sales, front of the house restaurant, and/or customer service experience
- Cash handling experience
What’s in it for you?
- Working with a highly effective team that will help you and your career grow
- Free EPIC Pass to all of our resorts
- Friends and family discount for lodging
- 50% off Colorado Mountain Express transportation
- Food and beverage discounts at mountain dining locations
- Retail discounts at Vail Resorts Retail stores
- 10-25% off at our Starbucks locations
- Unique events! Including concerts, employee meals, employee activities, pro competitions!
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126987
Tourism - Travel
6 months ago