Work for Vail Resorts
Entry Nordic Center Staff - FT & PT
Truckee, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Nordic Center Staff – FT & PT Winter Seasonal – Northstar California
The Northstar Nordic Center has full time and part time positions available for Entry and Intermediate Nordic Center Staff positions for the 2016-2017 winter season! Nordic Center Staff will be responsible for daily operations of the Nordic Center, including equipment rentals, retail sales, and lesson reservations while creating a friendly, relaxed atmosphere and delivering outstanding guest service to each of our guests. Staff may also be responsible for leading guided tours and teaching introductory to advanced lessons in snowshoeing and cross country skiing, depending on experience and qualifications.
Additional Entry level Staff responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Providing exceptional guest service at all times for both internal and external guests to create the safest and most enjoyable experience possible.
- Protecting the safety of self, co-workers, and Northstar California Resort guests at all times by following all company and department safety policies and procedures.
- Providing guests with information about the Nordic Center's trail system and offerings, as well as other resort and local information (directions, prices, etc.).
- Performing all rental and retail duties, including opening, cash handling, and closing procedures, running reports, locating and processing customer information, and fitting rental equipment.
- Providing guests with instruction on cross country ski and snowshoe technique (dependent on experience and qualifications) in both group and private lesson settings in accordance with resort methodology.
- Exhibiting the ability to demonstrate and communicate proper ski and snowshoe technique (dependent on experience and qualifications) while maintaining a fun and safe atmosphere during lessons and guided tours.
- Monitoring telephone and email communications and responding to guest requests in a timely, courteous, and professional manner.
- Assisting the Nordic Center Manager(s) with coordination and administrative duties as needed.
- Conducting equipment, trail, and facility maintenance as needed (including cleaning and waxing skis, assisting with snow removal, vacuuming, etc.).
- Exhibiting punctuality and time management skills while completing assigned tasks (including reliably clocking in and out for breaks).
- Maintaining a commitment to learning and improvement by evaluating personal performance and accepting feedback from crew members and supervisor(s).
- Reporting any potentially harmful equipment or situations as well as accidents or incidents to the immediate supervisor(s) without delay.
- Contributing to team effort by participating in Job Sharing, accepting diverse assignments, and maintaining a positive and friendly attitude and demeanor in all internal and external interactions.
- Assuming responsibility for the cleanliness of the resort and for the safety of guests and employees, and participating in all safety and service meetings.
- Meeting service level objectives and department goals as set forth by immediate supervisor(s).
- Maintaining flexible work hours (short days, ride breaks, etc.) with the ability to respond to changes in the work environment (weather, on site events, etc.).
- Operating equipment (including over the snow vehicles) in a safe manner that will not lead to injury to self or others.
- Driving (including over the snow vehicles) in accordance with the law and Northstar California Resort policies.
Entry level Staff requirements:
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent education.
- Must have excellent guest service and interpersonal skills.
- Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language (spoken and written).
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to carry out oral and written instructions, requesting clarification when needed.
- Must have basic knowledge of diagonal stride (classic) skiing, word processing and spreadsheet programs, and internet navigation.
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends.
- Must be able to develop and maintain effective working relationships and perform well in a team.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment.
- Must have sight, speech, and hearing abilities sufficient to learn skills and follow and provide directions.
- Must be able to lift, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach frequently.
- Must be able to communicate constantly with speech, hearing, and vision.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience working or recreating in the Nordic industry.
- Experience working with guests of all ages in the guest service industry.
- Knowledge of the local area and resort.
Other Skills and Experience:
- Experience teaching, coaching, or mentoring.
- Proficiency with spoken languages other than English.
At the Vail Resorts® family of companies (collectively "Vail Resorts"), we consider safety for employees and guests our number one priority. Ensuring that employees are capable of performing physically demanding jobs is an important factor in our ability to fulfill this commitment. This position is among the most physically demanding at our resorts.
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127194 ELJ
Tourism - Travel
3 months ago