Work for Vail Resorts
Entry: Mountain Safety - Heavenly
South Lake Tahoe, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Job Summary: The Mountain Safety attendant will work to uphold the highest levels of guest safety on the mountain as well as promote the Skier Responsibility Code and Vail Resorts' safety policies and procedures. This position will focus on the education, communication, and enforcement of safe skiing and riding. This position also serves as an ambassador for guest service and resort knowledge.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Supervising and maintaining the highest levels of guest safety while skiing/boarding and standing at on mountain stations, on varied terrain in high altitude, with varying winter weather conditions.
- Enforcing the Skier Responsibility Code and resort policies with guests and employees in a professional friendly manner, including revocation of lift tickets or passes and instructing guests and employees on appropriate behavior.
- Answering guest questions regarding terrain, directions, and other resort/town information in a professional friendly manner.
- Placing and monitoring signage and baffles in various on-mountain areas.
- Checking trails for safety hazards, placing ropes and packing or shoveling snow.
- Lifting equipment which may include baffles, signage, padding, and/or toboggans.
- Assisting uninjured guests to their feet.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language (spoken and written)
- Must have excellent guest service and communication skills
- Must work well in a team.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends
- Must have sight, speech, and hearing abilities sufficient to learn skills, follow and provide directions
- Must pass on-mountain ski/ride test (equivalent to PSIA Level 7)
- Previous resort operational experience, preferably in Mountain Safety or Guest Service
- Previous guest service experience
- Knowledge of local area/resort
If you want to work for a different kind of ski resort, you’ve found your perfect match at Heavenly. With a massive mountain full of off-the-grid terrain and incredible views of Lake Tahoe, Heavenly is for those who want to go big and forge their own path. From on-mountain concerts to world-famous après ski parties and a one-of-a-kind DJ CAT, Heavenly exudes high-energy from first chair to last call. Come be a part of the team committed to delivering a refreshingly unique ski experience. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125837
Tourism - Travel
6 months ago