Work for Vail Resorts
Entry Lift Operator
Truckee, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Lift Operators are responsible for the safety of our guests while they are loading, riding, and unloading our chairlifts. We strive to provide exceptional experiences to each guest through our front line guest service. You will be spending your days outside in one of the most beautiful mountain settings in the world.
Gondola Operators are responsible for the safety of our guests while they are loading, riding, and unloading our gondolas. Gondola routes tend to be some of the busiest on our mountain. We strive to provide exceptional experiences to each guest through our front line guest service.
Both the Lift Operator and Gondola Operator positions are seasonal and will run approximately from November through April.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for guest safety at the chairlifts/gondolas.
- Must be safety conscious and able to make quick decisions.
- Responsible for making positive contact with our guests as they enjoy our mountain.
- Must be able to work independently or in a small team to accomplish daily job related tasks.
- Assists in snow removal, daily setup, and routine maintenance of lift areas.
- Assists all guests in loading, riding, and unloading of the chairlifts/gondolas.
- Able to work for extended periods of time outside in winter conditions.
- Works closely with ski patrol, mountain safety, lift maintenance, and lift electric to assist and resolve any problems that may arise on the mountain.
- Must be able to adhere to an early morning starting time - required.
- Experience working in a winter environment - preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent - required.
- Ability to read and write English - required.
- Able to stand for long periods of time - required.
- Able to lift 50 lbs - required.
- You must provide your own ski or ride gear. We provide a uniform and helmet for use while working.
- Exceptional guest service skills; Ability to work in a very fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
Schedule: Four - Five (4-5) days per week depending on location assigned to, approximatly Ten (10) hours per day. Holidays and weekend availibility is required unless specifically reqested and approved my managment. Mountain is open seven (7) days per week.
Part Time Schedule: Varies depending on availability and agreed to schedule by Managment
Compensation: Starting at $11.00/hr
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127298
Tourism - Travel
about 1 month ago