Work for Vail Resorts
Entry Level Terrain Park Groomer
Park City, UT, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Job Summary: The terrain park operator will assist the terrain parks department with the overall construction and maintenance of all terrain parks and halfpipes. The terrain park operator is responsible for the safe and timely completion of assigned projects. The terrain park operator must fully comprehend time and project management, as well as possess both grooming equipment and equipment implementation usage skill sets. The terrain park operator will be responsible for ensuring that his/her projects are completed while adhering to specific design and construction parameters set forth by the grooming supervisors, leads, and the terrain park manager. The Terrain Park operator will assist the terrain park manager and grooming supervisor with carrying out all guest service and operational goals and objectives set forth by the terrain park manager, the terrain park “Best Practices” group, and upper management.
Responsibilities for all Terrain Park Operators:
- Ability to operate all grooming equipment and ability to undergo training in order to utilize all grooming components
- Operator must adhere to operational/company standards
- Must be capable of completing general park maintenance and assist the grooming supervisor with other terrain park/halfpipe/Big Easy builds and maintenance
- Attend a daily grooming plan/objectives meeting with grooming supervisor/grooming operator
- Must embrace the established operational guideline’s concerning risk management, feature placement and construction, overall park diversity and rider/skier accommodation.
- Assist terrain park manager, grooming supervisor, and day staff Supervisor in terrain park construction and other related projects
- Collaborates with and produces a team dynamic between mountain operation departments
- Must facilitate the communication between all operators regarding various shift needs, projects, and equipment specifics
- Act as role model regarding employee development and guest service related initiatives
- Take part in all trainings for Grooming Staff and assist with newer operator training when applicable
- Must embrace and communicate to all groomers the established operational guideline’s concerning risk management
Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126019
Tourism - Travel
6 months ago