Work for Vail Resorts
Entry Level NASTAR Course Attendants
Park City, UT, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Park City is looking for motivated individuals with a love for ski racing to be part of our NASTAR Race Crew. If you want to have a hand in the action, join our team and bring our race courses to life.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Perform daily set-up and maintenance of the NASTAR Race facilities.
- Operate timing system, announcing and recording racer's times.
- Work with other staff and departments to promote a positive guest experience.
- Provide assistance with event venue set-up, as needed.
- Setting and maintaining daily public race courses and private group courses.
- Operate Windows-based timing system, produce results and then send results to EpicMix Racing web site daily.
- Communication, via radio or phone, with Ski Patrol to inform them of injuries.
- Event venue construction
- Maintain race facilities to ensure safety of all guests and staff.
- Shovel and rake starts and decks to maintain snow levels and a safe environment for guests and staff.
- Fence/barrier maintenance, trash and snow removal.
- Ability to stand outside in all weather conditions, for 8+ hours per day - required.
- Ability to ski/ride outside in all weather conditions, for 8+ hours per day - required.
- Valid U.S. Driver's license - required.
- Ability to work with power tools (cordless drills, etc.) - required.
- Basic computer navigation skills and ability to use Windows-based programs - required.
- Facility cleaning duties at least one time per week - required.
- High school diploma - required.
- Race course operations - preferred.
- Proficiency in reading, writing and speaking English - required.
- Intermediate skiing ability - required.
- Racing Background - preferred
- Must be able to work weekends, evenings and holidays - required.
- Ability to operate a snowmobile (need a valid driver's license) - preferred.
Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126666
Tourism - Travel
3 months ago