Work for Vail Resorts
Entry Level EpicMix Photographer
Park City, UT, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
As an EpicMix photographer you will be taking photographs capturing the Experience of a Lifetime for thousands of guests. The Images you take will be sent directly online and into the guests EpicMix account where they will be available for purchase and sharing. EpicMix photographers will be assigned to different locations (zones) on and off the mountain and expected to work in all temperatures and weather conditions indicative of the winter alpine environment of the resort.
EpicMix Photographers are on the front line interacting with hundreds of guests daily. In addition to taking photographs you are expected to provide the highest level of guest service and friendly interaction at all times.
Photographers must be comfortable standing outside for long periods of time proactively greeting and approaching guests with the intent of offering our professional photographic services. You will be responsible for accurately scanning guest passes for the purpose of tracking images, then composing and shooting candid photos as well as more formal family ski portraits and action shots. Once the photos are taken, you must be able to clearly communicate the photo viewing, sharing and purchasing process to every guest that was photographed. You will also be responsible for meeting certain photo quality and quantity expectations as set by the EpicMix Director and Steering Committee and directed by the EpicMix Photo Manager.
Photographers should have passion for photography at least a rudimentary understanding of the basic photographic concepts of exposure, focus, and composition. Photographers should be comfortable handing and using a DSLR Camera, tethered computer and scanner. Photographers must understand and be able to communicate to guests on the process for viewing and purchasing their photos.
Most importantly, EpicMix photographers must be passionate about working with people, passionate about photography, and take pride in capturing the highest quality images possible.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Follow all company and department safety procedures
- Capture highest quality and expected quantity of photographs and photo sessions, following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to ensure quality standards and department goals are being met
- Understand basic photographic concepts of proper exposure, proper focus.
- Comfortable working with a DSLR camera and tethered computer and scanner
- Willing and able to work outdoors in all weather conditions that one would experience in the alpine environment of the resorts in winter
- Provide a high level of proactive guest service in all guest interactions
- Travel to various mountain locations requiring level 7 ski or snowboard skills. This position skis or snowboards as a means of transportation only.
- Provide assistance in sales locations
- Photograph, print and sell, ski school kids photos , following specific kids program Provide assistance with any photo operation related tasks, including but not limited to; equipment care & maintenance, photo back up and review
- High school education or equivalent
- Basic computer skills
- Must have the ability to communicate fluently (written and oral) in English
- Must be able and willing to work outdoors in variable weather conditions indicative of the High Alpine environment in the winter
- Ability to stand up to 6 hours during shift
- Must be able to work weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to lift 40+ lbs
- Must be able to commit to scheduled hours and dates
- Successful completion of a background check
- Must provide an attached Resume (Required)
- Excellent guest service skills
- Passion for photography Prefer one semester of school photography and or practical professional experience.
- Comfortable working with a DSLR camera
- Previous retail sales and customer service experience
- Level 7 ski or snowboard skills.
- Cash handling experience
What’s in it for you?
- Free EPIC Pass to all of our resorts
- Discounted lodging at our Rock Resort Properties starting at $85/night
- 50% off Colorado Mountain Express transportation
- Food and beverage discounts at mountain dining locations
- Health club discounts (vary by state and county)
- Retail discounts at Vail Resorts Retail stores
- 10-25% off at our Starbucks locations
Unique events! Including concerts, employee meals, employee activities, pro competitions!
Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126848
Tourism - Travel
about 1 month ago