Work for Vail Resorts
Entry Cook - Talons - FT & PT
Avon, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Entry level Cook has a positive work ethic and limited kitchen knowledge, and is dedicated to learning the business as they work with other cooks. He/She will be trained on the importance of standards, speed, and quality and will be expected to demonstrate competence within these standards after training. This position works with other line cooks to prepare and cook the necessary quantities of food and carry out established quality standards. Possessing limited knowledge of cooking techniques and practices, the Entry Cook is expected to learn the station assigned and be able to maintain it on a daily basis. Ability to work off prep list and complete station setup in time allotted, fabricate items to standard during service and complete prep list for next service period. Must be able to communicate clearly with chef and sous chef to ensure that customer needs are met. Other duties as assigned.
- Satisfactory Background Check - required for some locations
- High School diploma or equivalent - required
- Able to speak, comprehend, and understand English - required
- Able to work weekends, and holidays - required
- Able to lift and carry 50lbs - required
- Able to work overtime if needed during high volume part of the season - required
- Able to talk and hear directions in a loud kitchen environment - required
- Able to assure safe and clean work condition for all personnel - required
- Previous cooking experience - highly preferred
- Able to work in a loud, hot kitchen for up to 8 hours during a shift - required
- Must follow all policies and procedures for the Food and Beverage Department and Vail Resorts - required
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 124284
Tourism - Travel
5 months ago